• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pathos laser carbon Roller vs Salvimar Hero Tomahawk

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Piet_

Mar 7, 2021
Hey first of all im new this forum, intried to find posts covering this topic, but i wasnt lucky.
I want to buy a rollergun, and broke it down to these two. What do you think about it? Which of the two would you recommend?

There are tons of posts about roller guns on the forum. Maybe not specifically these models but most of them are comparable.

Is this your first speargun? Why do you consider these models?

Reactions: Piet_
There are tons of posts about roller guns on the forum. Maybe not specifically these models but most of them are comparable.

Is this your first speargun? Why do you consider these models?
Yea rollers overall are a whole forum for itself. No got a salvimar metal for 2 years now, and built a wood gun with a good friend of mine( lost it on the fiest day #beginners luck) now want an additional rollergun to go for some dentex / tuna. Broke it down to these to because they are pretty unique and also affordable. Atm im leaning a bit more to the pathos but i hoped that someone with expirience could give some advice :)

Rob Allen, 110cm carbon barrel roller speargun, 14mm rubbers, 7mm spear? RA Breakaway barb spear?

I like the look of the Pathos but I own a Turkish Apnea Amarok, great value at the time. I expect the Salvimar is good too.

Oh yea forgot totally about rob allen guns. Never heard of the apnea brand, ill look at this too thanks!
When we go for tuna ill definetly will setup breakaway spear with an additional breakaway system, for dentex i think i go with a normal 6.5mm+reel.

Fyi I still haven't tried my Apnea roller, with covid lock downs and poor visibility. I was contacted by a Turkish spearo yesterday who has the same roller and wanted to know how to stop the line tangling/locking up the spear. Probably just a line routing issue but, maybe not.

The RAs have become expensive in the UK in recent years and they are rather bulky and heavy for our modestly sized fish, and tip heavy in the short sizes we use most. However, for large fish and in longer barrel lengths, they are more than worthy of consideration.

There is an wooden Italian roller that gets rave reviews, I forget the name. Expensive though.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT