• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pathos laser open carbon vs Riffe euro

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Tbo

Nov 23, 2017
Hey guys I currently have a riffe euro 120cm and I'm not really liking it, I prefer the lightweight and manuverability of pipe guns, and I feel alot more accurate with pipe guns( probably just because I'm used to them) but I was planning to sell my riffe and get a Pathos laser carbon, I dive Hawaii btw, is this a good idea? Any other speargun suggestions?

I don't really like none of them two, but at least Riffes don't have trigger issues.

I would choose another pipe gun if I were you.

How about a railgun (e.g. RA, Mako, Hammerhead, Rabitech, Orcas) with 2x14mm bands and, say, a 7mm / 7.5mm spear?

Or Cressi Commache Pacific?

Or Apnea ST?

Beuchat Marlin?

Something similar by Omersub, One of the bigger Cayman models perhaps?

Yeah something like that, I've tried hammerhead and I like the accuracy, if you get a good one, from my experience they have some major quality control issues and if you get a good gun from them then it's good but many of their guns have had trigger issues and quality issues. I'm open to the other brands, preferably on the higher end side, maybe something in carbon around the 500-600 dollar range?

I find that the Riffe euro in that size is a bit too light, not too heavy. The stock is about 1.6kg & most people will use two 16mm rubbers on that gun. It could certainly do with more weight & ballast if ultimate accuracy is the objective. Still it is about the best factory gun around in this aspect. The Salvimar hero's also have a bit of weight & are getting a good reputation for accuracy. Some people put way too much emphasis on "tracking" rather than on accuracy IMO.

Yes I've seen the new salvimar guns, they look nice but they are ridiculously overpriced where I am

I've also seen the new Omer Invictus speargun in some of the shops around me, they look very nice, especially the handle, the new Omer mech is smooth and the handle is very slim and ergonomic, pretty good price on them too, what do you guys think of them? I'm surprised I haven't seen more people using them as they have just recently been gaining attention in Hawaii.

If I was you, I'll get a Rob Allen (and would stay away from some of the listed above).

You can't go wrong with them.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT