• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

pathos open laser pro safety not working

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

denmyos

Jun 14, 2014
I just bought a pathos open laser pro.
I seems that the safety is not working.
I can move it 1-2mm thats about it.
It's stuck in the "unsafe mode"

Anybody tried the same thing-?

Reactions: Mr. X
That sounds like a good feature rather than a real problem: in general we suggest than "safeties" are not safe and that only slack bands are safe (i.e. an unloaded speargun). Some people remove them, you could superglue it but most folk just leave them in "unsafe" mode and unload the speargun when it needs to be made safe, that way it really is safe. Caveat emptor - your mileage may vary.

The safety on my RA was super stiff (so your Pathos is in good company), first time I used it I missed a bass because it was stuck on "safe"! I never used it again - and that made it safer too. Pity speargun companies don't just remove the darn things and so simplify their products. In so doing, they could improve reliability (by removing one or two moving parts), reduce returns/complaints (e.g. about stiff safeties), improve real safety, reduce weight, cut costs and, perhaps, knock £5-£10 off the price :) A man can dream!

Reactions: Davis
I just bought a pathos open laser pro.
I seems that the safety is not working.
I can move it 1-2mm thats about it.
It's stuck in the "unsafe mode"

Anybody tried the same thing-?
If it is the D'angelo II handle ( white or red grip), which I suspect it will be, then there is no safety. Pretty sure the Dangelo 1 doesn't have safety either.
Just as Mr X said, there is no such thing as a safe gun if it is loaded. The way you handle it is the only way of mitigating the potential danger a loaded gun has.

Thank you both of you.

Yes, its D'angelo II.
Its just gonna be hard for a old army guy not to have a safety. :)
But I will get use to it. :)

Thank you for spending your time explaning it to me. :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT