• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question Pathos sniper Roller or Pathos sniper?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Vanruj

Sep 2, 2018
Which one is beter in your opinion
Pathos sniper r 115 or Pathos Sniper 110 ?

Im spearfiahing in Mediteranean and fish here dosnt come to close thats why i was thinkin size 115 or 110 (and fish are not to big , usualy some breams, mullet or smaller amberjacks atleast those ive seen so far in my area)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

In the Mediterranean Sea I use a Pathos Sniper roller 95 or a classis Pathos laser 110. Both have comparable range but one shoots a 7.5mm shaft and the other a 6.75.

The roller shoots a little low but seems more powerful.

First you should make a choice between roller or classic setup.
Only then size becomes the next question. Personally I try to choose the shortest possible gun for the type of hunting. I like the maneuverability of a small guo so never felt the need for anything larger than 110.
More important is to learn good technique to approach the fish closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
In the Mediterranean Sea I use a Pathos Sniper roller 95 or a classis Pathos laser 110. Both have comparable range but one shoots a 7.5mm shaft and the other a 6.75.

The roller shoots a little low but seems more powerful.

First you should make a choice between roller or classic setup.
Only then size becomes the next question. Personally I try to choose the shortest possible gun for the type of hunting. I like the maneuverability of a small so never felt the need for anything larger than 110.
More important is to learn good technique to approach the fish closer.

By "roler shots a little low but seems more powerfull" , do you mean more range, precision or just it would pierce bigger fish?
What you think about roller 105?

A roller is more powerful for its size compared to a classic setup.
With shooting low I mean that the trajectory is different from a classic setup. More arched for lack of a better word. It means you have to compensate for that by aiming slightly higher.
This is typical for all roller guns and is not at all limited to brand.

Because of the speed with which the rubber bands turn around the roller and the inherent centrifugal force the wishbone is lifted slightly this affects the trajectory of the spear causing them to shoot low.

Reactions: Vanruj
A roller is more powerful for its size compared to a classic setup.
With shooting low I mean that the trajectory is different from a classic setup. More arched for lack of a better word. It means you have to compensate for that by aiming slightly higher.
This is typical for all roller guns and is not at all limited to brand.

Because of the speed with which the rubber bands turn around the roller and the inherent centrifugal force the wishbone is lifted slightly this affects the trajectory of the spear causing them to shoot low.

Thank you very much on explanation.
Im think im gona go for roller, but ill take 105 just in case for some little.more range ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT