• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

pathos sniper

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

spearup

Dec 28, 2021
Hi everyone does anyone of you has pathos sniper??i bought recently a pathos sniper but it seemed to me that it shots much higher than the point i aim at, it has two 16 mm rubbers on it if anyone has the same problem and fixed it i would appreciate if he wrote it.Thanks in advance

Try a shot with one band cocked and also shoot with both hands on the grip with both bands cocked and see what happens.

Hi everyone does anyone of you has pathos sniper??i bought recently a pathos sniper but it seemed to me that it shots much higher than the point i aim at, it has two 16 mm rubbers on it if anyone has the same problem and fixed it i would appreciate if he wrote it.Thanks in advance
Try checking the straightness of the spear shaft. In general, I normally don't see shafts shooting really high. It could also be that you're over powering it, but also not normally an issue with enclosed tracks. Try popgun pete's recommendation if everything seems to be good.

How long is the gun? If shooting with one band helps, you may want to consider using 14 mm bands.

What kind of handle do you have?
Check out this video, for me it was a game changer in precision and not loosing any thrust from the band energy into the shaft:

16mm is alot for the oem shaft size on a pathos and is probably causing shaft whip. id go down to 14mm. or up the shaft size. Note that since it is a pipe gun it will have alot of recoil. Id check out some gopro footage of your shot if you can to see if youre bracing the gun correctly

Try a shot with one band cocked and also shoot with both hands on the grip with both bands cocked and see what happens.
i will try it my friend, but i do not believe that a single 16mm rubber would give a correct a result with a 6.75 shaft

Try checking the straightness of the spear shaft. In general, I normally don't see shafts shooting really high. It could also be that you're over powering it, but also not normally an issue with enclosed tracks. Try popgun pete's recommendation if everything seems to be good.

How long is the gun? If shooting with one band helps, you may want to consider using 14 mm bands.
i have checked it my friend the shaft is straight

but i think that there is a matter with the enclosed track,first i will give it a try with 14mm bands if it doesnt goes well i will consider to remove the enclosed track

What kind of handle do you have?
Check out this video, for me it was a game changer in precision and not loosing any thrust from the band energy into the shaft:

thank you raphaelboliger for the video the handle of the sniper fits very well in my hand if i wont take the result i want from my trials then i will try it

16mm is alot for the oem shaft size on a pathos and is probably causing shaft whip. id go down to 14mm. or up the shaft size. Note that since it is a pipe gun it will have alot of recoil. Id check out some gopro footage of your shot if you can to see if youre bracing the gun correctly
i think too that 16mm is lot, so first i will add some wight on the tip of the gun to see what happens then i will go down to 14mm

Many open track guns shoot 8 mm shafts with one16 mm band or 5/8". A 6.75 mm shaft is a bit light for using 2 x 16 mm bands and I have been spearfishing for many years, so this is not just a guess.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT