• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Paul Kotik's article about Elaine Morgan

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

CEngelbrecht

Oct 31, 2002
Just wanted to recommend people Paul Kotik's interview with Elaine Morgan as published here on DeeperBlue. From a subjective point of view, the best one I've read so far here.

Paul writes:
"[The aquatic ape hypothesis] Makes perfect sense to me, but maybe that'’s just the company I keep. Aquatic apes, the whole seething lot of them."

That's a good distance to keep to it, and a marvelous wording. I'm looking forward to read more articles on the subject.

Chris Engelbrecht, Copenhagen

I have to agree with your assessment Chris. I found the article entertaining, well written, and informative. The good quality and quanity of the articles are what I have come to expect from Deeperblue, and are a good part of why I frequent DB. As a bonus it's a real feather in the proverbial cap to land an interview with someone like Elaine who is a semi-celebrity that really has nothing to do with freediving or scuba - and yet her ideas seem to have remarkable bearing on the origins of the mammalian diving reflex in regards to humans, the veracity of which I believe none of us are in doubt. Whether you accept her ideas as a whole, in part, or not at all they are very interesting.

On another note, I find it almost ironic that Elaine seemed to know nothing at all about what, at first glance, would be some of her best current research examples - freedivers. I am very interested in reading the rest of the article to find out what she thinks of us and some of the physiological changes that freedivers undergo when diving.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT