• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pavillion Lake is FREAKIN' nice!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Did I mention I am up for a dive in the afternoon on the 26th when I reach Kamloops?

26th I will be working from 10am-1pm and then from 4-8:30pm. I don't think I can, unless I call in sick, same with the Thursday. 28,29,30th I'm free.

What was the water temperature, surface and bottom?

Anything to see down there?

Looks really nice! The bottom in the aspetto shot looks alot like lake michigan here offshore. Those formations look fascinating.

yup, they go from 30 to 90ish feet. saw lots and lots and lots of them. and quite a few trout.

Geez, why didn't you tell me you guys were going there!!! I was trying to arrange some people to go, and I decided not to go the last 2 weeks because there was nobody available. Argh. Anyhow, I wrote to those involved in the study after hearing about it for the first time a few weeks back from a CBC "The National" broadcast. No response so far. I want to go there this summer, so if anybody is interested in another trip, let me know and lets arrange it.

Cheers,

Tyler

Looks cool. Give us some driving times/distances, so we can make future plans.

Ideally, if we can arrange to meet there for the first weekend in August..!
I'll call the local scuba shop, maybe a few there would be interested in joining us. We'll try to get access to a boat because there is a nice wall of stolomites on the side opposite the highway- otherwise there is quite a lot of accessible formations near the campground itself (lakeside). 17$ per tent at the Sky Blue Resort. Trout is not legal to spearfish, but some people bring their fishing rods ;)

Pavillion Lake: 115 km (71.5 mi) from Kamloops via Hwy 99 north of Lillooet. [Troll for] rainbow up to 1.5 kg. Marble Canyon Provincial Park is located at the south end of the lake (where that waterfall pic was taken- tho we didnt dive there). http://www.tourismkamloops.com/index.asp?p=44

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT