• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pay it Forward...The Gratitude Thread

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

settingsteel

SettingSteel
Supporter
Aug 14, 2007
Its been awhile since I've been thinking about posting something like this, but never have come around to it, so I figured todays as good a day as any, who knows maybe V:inloveli-Day being around the corner and all has me all softened up, or that fact that its been 2+ weeks since I've gotten my gills wet, has had me dipping here more than I care to mention....Annnnnnywaaaaays I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone on the board for being part of the BLUE, the DeeperBlue...it truly amazes me to see such a great bunch of spearo's and speara's all contributing and helping one another...the vast amount of knowledge that we all distribute here each day, the immense karmic energy the flows in our tribe, the tremendous comradeship...amongst strangers on the otherside of the world, strangers that are like brothas, side by side.
Its guys like my Italian friend Spago, The Fox, Podge and lets not forget the gals Island, Bat and so many many more old (Good'ole Bill comes to mind:t) and new that contribute, help, laugh, and participate in ways that make this place righteously chill, ahhh did you think I forgot...nope- Stephan the Papa Smurf is always ever present too, keeping the juice sweet and the vibe thundering!
I can only imagine if the world would take note on the magic that goes on here, how much more, harmony would ensue, across our planet!

Thank you all each one of you for being here...ok carry on:friday

Nicely said! I love it here, 8 years now? Since the beginning I think lol. I have made great friends and met many of them eventually, from all corners of the globe. This is my haven, mi familia, my sanctuary. I feel a great connection to most everyone that is active here, and you are all welcome in my home anytime.
Erik

Reactions: strangelove
Mr Settingsteel, you gurt soppy sod you!:) Dam near bought a tear to my eye, and yes we all love you to.:):)
Erik mate get the beer in the fridge and the pies in the oven we’re all on our way.:friday:friday:friday

May good Karma always flow through The DeeperBlue.:D

Nicely put Erik!:friday
Awwwwwwwe shucks Podge....

I put up a few too familiar names, howz about somemore from the forum, geez surely everyone here has 1,2,3.... or more members they'd like to mention ...and be thankful for!
Here are a few more that come to mind Azapa, PopgunPete, Trux, Mr X, Blaiz...c'mon guys its The Gratitude thread, Pay it Foward...lets see some names (you know everyone likes to have a moment of fame:thankyou)

Reactions: blaiz
oh... ok... Thank you DB you have been a wealth of knowledge and a great source of comic relief. Thank you to all the mentors who do a wonderful job of teasing and at the same time making us feel all fuzzy in side.

And most of all thank you to our mother ocean (and those cold lakes for you inland boys)

May we always have a shell in our pockets and sand in our shoes!rofl

That soppy enough for you toni?:friday:friday

Well here goes nothing, i have NEVER in my life met such a truely remarkable group of people who are so willing to help out a novice diver.

its nice to have people so open with information rather than keeping it to themselves.

outside of the obvious names there are so many to thank for their opiniions and knowledge.

to see a forum still so strong after so long is a real tribute to all current and passed members and PAPA SMURF for his continues improvements and drive.

personally i want to say thanks to:

- Watts (gotta have an Aussie in there, not to mention alot of advise)
- Efattah (the human freediving encyclopedia)
- Fondueset
- Trux (Freedivining GURU)
- ADR (for all is monofinning destruction)
and so many others.

thankyou all because without you i'd be sitting in front of the TV rather than living a wonderful life under the water.

DivingDane

Reactions: settingsteel
Dats what I'm talkin' 'bout right there!

Bring It!
bringiton.gif

First I must say that I feel like a bit of an ass. Used to post and now, I get this little message when I log in that I haven't been here in a while. Just want to say,

"Go on Guys and Gals. Make it without me..."

As my time to goof around online is short these days, It is good to see many keeping it going. One day I will return BWAH HA HA

Sniffle, sniffle, snark, whaaaaaa. Okay that's over. Now really for a rusty old geezer getting back into his sport of the teens and loving it. Yall are an inspiration and appreciated more than you realize, except Jay, who makes me buy new underwear way too often. :t :friday

Tone, I had missed this one! rofl
First off: thank you Settingsteel! :inlove
But there areso many persons that I really love. To some of them I've been uncapable to let them understand how much I do care and appreciate. :inlove

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT