• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pelican...For dinner??!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Luis

The spearo-chef.
Apr 3, 2005
Hi everybody!!

PETA Guys! This is basically a joke title, don't bother to try to crucify me yet:martial !

Ok... Usually when I go spearfishing, the shuttle company staff is having something to eat, no matter what time is it... And this guys can't be serious for a single second and everything you ask will be inmediatly replied with an smart ass answer...

Me: What are u eating?:confused:
Him: Pelican ceviche! Tasty, want some?
Me: What the hell!!?? U can't eat pelican!!!:rcard
Him: Of course, I'm too poor and on thanksgiving I have an stuffed pelican for dinner with my family! That's what I call a mexican turkey!!
Me: Yeah right!! :vangry (by this time I know that he is mocking of me because everybody is adding more and more stupid coments...:vangry

Ok. Enough of that! Yesterday I was reading an old magazine and I saw a page with the title: "True lies" and this one made me laugh out loud, I think that this guy is BS but for sure he knows how to write in a very funny/stupid wayrofl ... I don't believe a word but I wanted to share this with you guys:

FISHERMAN FLIPS THE BIRD
My buds and I fish in mobile bay in the gulf of mexico all the time. One day we were totaly sauced, and I tought it'd be fun to mess around with one of the pelicans floating near the boat. I swam to this big, fat one and I guess it didn't like the look in my eye because once I was within range , it clamped it's beak down on my ear. I tried to wrestle the damn thing off , but it wasn't letting go. My buddy then used all three of his brain cells and decided to beat it off my head with an oar:head . The next thing I know , I'm lying in the bottom of the boat with a Fred Flinstone bump in my head rofl and a dead pelican next to me. That night, we cooked it and ate it . It was fabulous-crispy on the outside with a tart orange glaze and some plum stuffing. Now we go out every weekend pelican baiting . My ears are starting to look like dried apricots , and I have a little trouble with slurred speech, but I never ate so good in my life.

Jake H. Schaumburg, Ill.

After all, seems like somebody stole my mexican friends idea!!!!rofl

Recently down here in south Florida they caught and found guilty some guy for eating pelicans. A news lady on camera had her microphone in his face as he was leaving the court and asked him, "What a pelican even tastes like?" He swore that it tastes like a cross between manatee and bald eagle.

Jim

:)

If it moves, eat it! If it doesn't move, kick it. Then eat it!

Oldsarge said:

That was our Mantra in the old Night Club/Pub girl chasing days but you could subsitute ''Eat' for '' Shag''

The other one was '' If you not in bed by 2.00am go home""

Crusty

Reactions: jimdoe2you
Oldsarge said:

hahahahahaha!!! Theres a guy in my class from the states, who Ive been taking out diving. He's the number one poker-of-potentially-dangerous-and-known-dangerous-animals/plants/rocks Ive ever seen. Brother/Son of yours?

His stories from Penn State (his Uni) always go: Got drunk, went shooting. rofl

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT