• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pelizzari's record attempt

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jero

Jul 20, 2001
Does anyone know details about Pelizzari's record attempt?!
Disciplines, depths etc.?!

Wagers?

I'll bet you a few lira that it's No-Limits. I would like to see someone destroy Pipin's record (no disrespect to Pipin,; in fact the opposite) with a nice round -175 metres. It's just that Pipin's record has stood for so long. Similar to Brett's constant, that was hanging around for so long until Eric Fattah took it down to -82!
Now we can argue about Loic and Pipin if you like, but the fact of the matter is that Pipin is the deepest.
It would be nice to see Umberto take it back; most of us have looked up to him for a long time. He broke the -150 barrier, it would be maybe a good swan song to get -175.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

I agree, a lot of people keep doing no limits as though Pipin never went to 162 (or was it 163).......Until someone goes deeper he's still the deepest......I reckon Umberto will do Variable Weight....
But what will Davide do because he's planning a record on the same day......

Interesting Mr. Bond.....

Crispin, are you talking about Davide Carrera?!
Is he doing a record also?

Jero, nice ti hear from you...can you maybe tell us about your Ibiza experience in Stories?
Cheers, Erik Y.

Yup - that is what I heard...pretty much from the horses mouth...

Also when Audrey Mestre goes for her 143m in the next couple of months (postponed at the moment due to terrorist events) Pipin is also going to go for deeper than 162!!!!

And because of AIDA's loss of Umberto IMHO it will give everyones records outside of AIDA more 'believeability' / credibility, so if Pipin does something like 170 then all of a sudden it becomes very interesting......

Hello everyone !

According to Apneaworld Umberto might attempt to break two world records:

Constant weight ( Herbert Nietsche -86 ) and No Limits ( Pipin ( -162 ).

Regarding Davide Carrera.......I haven't heard anything, so far.
Mmmm :confused:

This forum is great ! :D

JoeFox

Reactions: Erik
I'm sorry I don't. :(
I guess nobody knows.
.....as soon as I get more details I'll let you know.

Anyhow, our 1st Tv channel is transmitting the attemp live....

JoeFox

Man! Can you imagine living in a place where the freediving attempts are on national television? There might be 50 serious freedivers in Canada, so I wont hold my breath. Yikes...bad joke. Joefox, it's nice to have your input...we really need some opinions from Italy. Also, despite my half-assed Spanish, I still can barely figure out the Italian script on your websites! Keep translating, amigo.
Cheers from the frozen North,
Erik Y. at -10C with snow:(

Erik,

I wish I was able to create an english version of my website.
The problem is that I really don't have money/time/knowledge to do that.

We put online so many articles every month that it would cost us a lot of euro to have each one of them translated into english.
We might translate the interviews, though.....

I'm afraid you must use Altavista or Google translator.........well, spearfishing becomes "underwater peach", but it's better than nothing ! ;)

Anyway, now that I've signed up to this forum, I'll be happy to share with you all the news from Italy.

JoeFox

nice site joefox

i speak french and english so it takes me about 5 minutes to translate a snetence
oh well

nice site though

TV coverage

HI!
Since I live in north-west Croatia I am able to receive RAI 1 2 3 (italian national TV) without problems. This saturday on RAI 3 was a TV special about Italian team on Ibiza. (mostly Pellizari). I had a fortune to meet almost everyone on the team (including Umberto) and it was great to see everyone on TV. Also, there was a video of Nitsch's dive (Impressive!!) and two sambas that happened on the last day of the constant weight competition. Hubert Maier and Fred Buyle, and I tell you it was scary. Hubert had a realy bad samba few meters before the surface and the camera was so close to him filming everything that I felt so upset and sorry for this great freediver.
They showed the dives of the Italian team, the static attempt of great Herbert. He had a little samba but he handled it very well. He did 8:13!!
I am looking forward to see TV coverage of the record attempt. It will be a fiesta for us freedivers in the North Adriatic!
Joefox, do you know the exact time of the coverage?!

Yup !

13.30 su RAI 2

;)

Jero I agree: RAI 3 special about freediving was just GREAT.

JoeFox

I guess depth is stil a mistery until day after tomorow....
What about Davide Carrera?

Depth will remain a mistery "only" untill tomorrow, when Umberto will give the details of his attempt in a press conference in Naples.

I'm going to Tuscany to have a couple of days of spearfishing and I'm not sure I'll be able to post in this forum, but you Jero will keep everyone informed, won't you ?

:D

JoeFox

Of course I will! The minute I find out something I'll post...
Have a good time down there in Tuscany, Joefox!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT