• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Performance of Inverted roller (polispast) spearguns (+ list of makers)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kodama

Jun 20, 2016
I would like to hear about your experience with the inverted polispast system. Especially regarding performance and setup of your gun. This tread is about sharing pros and cons of this system and the different brands out there so potential buyers get an idea what to expect. Personally I believe that this speargun power system is the future. Apparently there are some known issues that may occur if not properly setup but it seems like there is a potential for high performance. Meaning high accuracy at long distance.
Here is a list of brands that I am aware of feel free to add more names to it.

Allemanni
Roisub
Seal
Gladiator
Scorpio
Tommy Botha
Neptunus
Mvd
Mannysub
Hatch
Andre
B. Daniel
Spierre
Bluegreen
El Greco

Please share any experience you may have with this system and I sincerely hope to involve some speargun builders in the conversation. So we can learn and improve from each other.

Sent from the abyss

I am just going to keep adding brand names to this list. Keeping the tread alive and hopefully someone will come up with a reply.

Another brand:
Arbalete Matador

I have watched & followed a few of these guns & those who use them on extended trips (7 days or more). It seems when they are set up correctly the perform ok, but as soon as some maintenance is required results & confidence in them drop sharply. Yes they potentially can double the speed of the rubbers memory, but this is also at the cost of needing twice as many rubbers & lots more fiddling. I have shot a few now & also made a couple myself (so I have tried to invest in them) & am not in a big rush to persue this type of speargun ATM, mainly because of the hassles with maintaining them & lack of consistency relative to simpler rubber powered guns. I can only recall one diver who started an extended trip with a demultiplied gun & was still using it at the end of the trip (without major rerigging & maintenance) when alternatives were avaliable for them to use or borrow, but he & the gun wasnt boating many fish. I dont see these as the pinnacle of spearguns, they may be a stepping stone or part of the next big thing (when combined with eccentric cams? or something other than rubber?), ATM I don't think they have the utility or reliability for spearos who prefer to shoot fish instead if tinker with their kit. If you are a diver who loves to tinker & fiddle then I think these guns would suit you perfectly.

Thank you for your clear explanation. What you are saying makes a lot of sense and is what I expected somehow. It seems like they are becoming increasingly popular amongst divers in the Mediterranean. The simplicity and and reliability of a classic setup is hard to beat but they have to be performing well for so many people to spend the extra money on them.
On top of that I still believe that a good spearo will land just as many fish with a classic gun. Skills will prevail above anything, that is never going to change.

You are probably right that we will have to wait for another leap in technology before they become mainstream.

Another one:
Thorpedo spearguns

Sent from the abyss

Reactions: sharkey
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT