• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Personal Best Dive in Micronesia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

wes

Feb 15, 2004
I have just returned from 6 weeks travelling in Micronesia freediving and kiteboarding. Here is a link one of the resorts we stayed at made of my personal best dive complete with photos and dive computer printout. I was their first ever freediving guest so they were very excited about it and made this page.
http://www.kosraevillage.com/freedivng.shtml

Reactions: flyboy748
Wes
Good dive. Brings back memories of my dive to 102. First triple digit feels great. Hope you have many more.
Aloha
Bill

Thanks for the info on Kosrae. My wife and I are planning a trip somewhere in the South Pacific in August. This looks like a great destination. I'll have to have her check it out. Congrats on your dive.
Tony

First Triple Digit Dive

Thanks for the congratulations. Going below 100' is certainly a big psychological barrier. I did only one deep dive with safety divers at 95 feet on regular scuba so there was alot of pressure to get it right the first time (there would be no second time). In the end I thought I wasn't as deep as I was and when my dive computer alarm went off I was sure it was the 45 second turnaround alarm and not the 100 foot depth alarm I had set. We weren't using a rope or anything, jsut swimming down into the blue. I was rather shocked when I looked down at the watch and it said 106' and descending!! So back up I went as I had planned to only go to 100'. It was short and much easier than many of my shallower fun dives cruising around 50 to 60' around the reefs. The visibility on Kosrae was unreal. We had 200' visibility down and when I was down at 111' and turn around I purposely didn't look up, just relaxed and started kicking. When I looked straight ahead I could see the waves off in the distance on the surface!! Probably a horizontal distance over 500 feet. Anyway now its back to work in Oregon - Cheers Wes

Way to go Wes!

Sounds like a great time. I'm looking forward to an opportunity to set a PB in constant balast... so far I can't find the necessary depth!

The 100' barrier is still waiting for me... :D

Cheers,
Aaron

Good work Wes, 111feet ise a nice dive indeed!
And the visibility... ah.. I wish I was swimming in waters as clear as that... but yesterday in Devon the viz was about 10ft...

Safe diving and Congrats on new PB!

Pekka

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT