• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pesca in Medditeraneo!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hey guys:
very nice pics.....where is the water??? its so clear that it seems to be ''diving in air''.

Cheers,

Roberto

Re: Thanks Fuzz

Originally posted by Mark Laboccetta
That was nice of you to do!
M

Anytime man, thanks for sharing those pics - they're awesome! I'd love to dive there some day. :)

Those are beautiful pictures! Beautiful fish! I don't know if I would be taking a picture of myself alongside an ancient urn out of the water. Can you say: "Incriminating evidence?" :naughty As far as I know, in Greece (and probably Italy) you need to be a member of the Archeological Service or have a proper permit to pull antiquities off the bottom. Actually, this is one of their main justifications for making SCUBA illegal (even for sightseeing) in most of the country.

Angelos

Hi guys, glad you liked the pictures-I thought they were beautiful too the other day when you I received them. They were all taken in Sardinia, on the Northwestern side of the Island of various top spearfisherman. Omer gets a bunch of guys together once a year in Sardinia for pictures and to spearfish.

Angelos, you are right about the Anfora-it is illegal to keep antiquities in Italy and Greece. That picture comes from Tunisia, which is why I sent it. Plus how do you know he didn't take it into a museum or report it? he just pulled it up in the picture as far as I can tell. I don't know or want to speculate since I don't know the person and I hate to open a can of worms. I thought the two groupers were noteworthy enough without the anfora.

Seeing these pictures reminded me of the allure of diving in gin clear water for fish than can read and write and have a PHD in speargun range. While we americans have bigger and more fish, there is an addiction to diving in clear and beautiful water that stays in your blood once you've experienced it.

Hope you and Scott Turgeone are well, maybe you can make it to Hatteras next year for my tournament. Ciao,

Mark

Mark,
You are right about the gin clear water of the Med! It needs to be experienced to be believed. Two to three times a year we get similar vis in Florida (usually with a strong east wind) and it is a pleasure to dive. Seeing fish and ripples in the sand at 70 fsw makes you wanna dive!
The comment about the amfora was made only to point out that if you are ever visiting Greece or Italy and see antiquities (which is rather common if you dive in remote locations), you should leave them undisturbed. You could get yourself into some MAJOR trouble with the authorities otherwise. The "funny" thing is that there are several wrecks that a lot of the spearos and divers have reported and the Archeological Service hasn't done much to protect them.
Scott is doing well and we would love to come up to Hatteras. Still waiting to spear an African or a permit.

Angelos

Hey Mark:
yes it is amazing and beautiful to dive in such crystal clear water and I really know those higly Phd graduated fish that know what a diver and speargun are.
This two factors keep spearfishing so interesting! When you hunt one of those in clear water, almost nothing compares with that!

Cheers,

Roberto

The photgraphs are xcellent, specially number 11, i put it as wallpaper on my computer. what deptsh is that picture taken at?

christis said:
The photgraphs are xcellent, specially number 11, i put it as wallpaper on my computer. what deptsh is that picture taken at?

Christis- They're in 15-20m there liekly. Send me an e-mail at mark@omerdiving.com and it will be in my care to send you a 2MB high res copy if you want.

Mark

Mark,

What I want to know is what depths did they get those beautiful dentex from?

Scott

Scott-it's hard to say but I'm guessing in 60-100ft since most dentex like the steep drop offs and boulders where they can retreat to deep water fast. They're not unheard of in less than 50ft but you just have to get lucky or be in a super spot to find them shallow.

Today i saw several couples in less than 10 feet... They were all baby, less than 500 gr. It was a real fun to make them aspetto_One of them almost hit my mask. rofl

Wow, that is some really nice water to spearfish in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to have that type of visibility here in Florida all year long.

Picts are awesome, they remind me the cristal sea we have here in France almost all year long... ;)
Anyway, They are lucky to catch grouper...here it is forbidden, I guess I have to go to Sardinia this year in holydays...

i doubt if there is any fish left to catch in Italy especially in Sardinia :hmm

You might be right Murat, Corsica is not that far from sardinia...

by the way , Have you ever been to Corsica, this is a spearfishing paradise, but you need a boat!!!

I :inlove Corsica

no i never been in corsica...i have very clear waters here too..visibility is always more than 20 meters..You can see diver clearly at more than 30 meters.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT