• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

pesky seals...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

swedcarp

Jan 2, 2013
I went out spearing today. It was good conditions and plenty of life...(I grabbed an octopus off the floor about 5 min in). I saw my first target...a good sized kelp bass. I nailed the shot, when all of a sudden a seal rushes in and latches on to it before I can even react.... I couldn't ditch the guy the whole time I was out. I shot one more time, but quickly realized that it was pointless as the seal was practically climbing up my body to reach the new fish dangling off the end of my shaft that I was hopelessly holding up out of the water.

I was thinking on throwing my fish in a lobster bag next time incase I run into the same problem....I mean, that guy was relentless.

Does anyone do this? Or will the seal just tear the shit out of my bag?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…