• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

PETS: wot you got?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
its been a bad day. really raining hard, someone knocked a kitten over and left it, so we put it in the car, its leg was broken but it was fine, it slept all the way to work, purred at the strokes we gave it, and drank some milk, was purring the box next to my desk. I have come back from my meeting downstairs and the cat is dead. :( such a small little thing :(

Reactions: BennyB
Hey Sands Sorry to hear about your little mog. Its kind of a classic thing for them to purr as they go into shock.

Its chasing mice and pissing in shoes in mog Valhalla now! :p

B.

Hey Sands Sorry to hear about your little mog. Its kind of a classic thing for them to purr as they go into shock.

Its chasing mice and pissing in shoes in mog Valhalla now! :p

B.

yeah I guess :( poor thing. it was tiny, only about a month old i think. at least it had some warm milk and cuddle before going :)

Reactions: BatRay
Oh no. :( Sorry about that.
I try to rescue animals in trouble but sometimes they don't make it. At least you tried your best. :)

Reactions: island_sands
3 horses (Cowboy, Ruger & Mojo) and a couple outside barn cats and a freshwater fish tank with Guppies, Gouramis, Cory Cats and plecos.
These look a bit short, to my taste. No offense! What breed is that, may I ask? Any of them amblers (pacers)?)
In Karabakh, we also had shorter than average for the Caucasus horses - because they had to scale mountains most of the time. My uncle was a forrester and he would let me drive his horse occasionally. It was a real sensation to whiz thru crooked pathes in mountain forrests, always aware that branches of trees might hit on your head. It was an ambler (pacer?) and I really enjoyed riding it.
here is a pic - it is the one on the right (under my uncle) BTW I am the guy in the middle, wearing a cap of a special artillery unit that did nothing, but fire on clouds to provoke hail over mountains before it could fall on vineyards.

Last edited:
Hyeparis, pacers are very popular here in Ireland. Just to confuse things they call pacers "trotters" here. They call trotters "square trotters". Both types are raced, both under saddle and in harness pulling sulkys.(A sulky is a two wheeled cart made with bicycle type wheels). Plenty exciting, with huge flared nostrils, rolling eyes, tangled wheels and crashes aplenty.
I've owned several horses in the 18 years I've lived in Ireland but none of them were trotters or pacers. img022.jpgHere's a picture of my last mare with her foal. I bought her as a foal and trained her myself. she is a proper old fashioned type of Irish cob. Strong enough to carry a heavy man but gentle enough to take a child safely. I sold her last year because after moving to a house with no outbuildings, I spent to much of my spare time moving horses, fetcing feed and water etc. etc.
The foal in the picture I sold as a 4 yr old, to raise money for a kayak!

I have a long list here.

A yellow lab called Lola, she's 9
A crazy brittany, called Lucifer. She really honors her name
Two falcons, red naped shaheens.
A Congo African Grey parrot
A flock of homing pigeons, probably 50
Four Black Rosecomb chickens
A Ambanja panther chameleon
Three crested geckos
Two ball pithons, one is a Spider the other a lemon pastel (color phases). Also, the live food that comes every week for the snakes that fortunately is eaten pretty fast.
Thirteen poison dart frogs: Two Suriname Cobalt, four azureus, four leucomelas and three phyllobates terribils (not poisonous in captivity).
One Betta and two minnows aquired from a kids party
Two kids and their mother
and last but not least the father that supports the loonyhouse.

Reactions: scottwilson
Very interesting - it would be illegal to keep most of those creatures where I live!
That must be almost a full time job caring for all of them?
You wrote "Thirteen poison dart frogs: Two Suriname Cobalt, four azureus, four leucomelas and three phyllobates terribils (not poisonous in captivity).""
Can you explain why they are not poisonous in captivity please?
What do you feed to your falcons - not homing pigeons I hope?

Yeah, I think I have something at home... :D

Attachments

• kl.jpg
    kl.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 173
i saw guy with a cheetah in the back of his truck the other day, in a cage, as happy as you please. "only in Dubai" :D

Hyeparis, these horses would have been typical 50 years ago. These days the most common type of horse here is the showjumping/eventing type of sporthorse seen all over Europe.
There are also plenty of thoroughbred racehorses and standardbred trotters and pacers.
Also various types of pony and cob.

Can you explain why they are not poisonous in captivity please?
What do you feed to your falcons - not homing pigeons I hope?

Poison dart frogs aquire their poison from an insect they eat in the jungle, they can't synthetize the poison on their own.

Falcons get to eat quail, farm raised.

Almost every country has laws to controll the legal possesion of wild animals, but most countries will allow you to have them if you are qualified and go throught the right steps.

Reactions: podge
I would like a camel, a bedlington terrier, and lots of penguins.

In real life, I have an adopted Magellanic Penguin named Dipsea (cool adoption program by Int'l Penguin Conservation something or other allows you to adopt your "very own special penguin.") He lives in Argentina. Here's a pic. I think he is super cute, but yes, I am biased. I guess I can say my pet is a freediver! They gave me a map to Dipsea in case I want to visit him (which of course, I do!)

Cheers, all! Best,
icon10.gif

Dipsea.jpg

__Argentina_map.gif

Reactions: island_sands
I would have adopted this one, if I could. I stole this photo from an Ukranian site (seriously I did).

The caption reads
Ukrainian Panda. Their population decreases every day.

Last edited:
Yes, they do taste good that way! But I would have adopted one for esthetic rather than gastronomic reasons

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT