• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

PETS: wot you got?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Fergus, they are just house pets I wont be using them for hunting.
Here is a pic of the boy when he was 3 weeks old & one when he was 10 weeks!!

They dont arf grow quick !

Attachments

• P1040734.JPG
    P1040734.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 180
  • P1040899.JPG
    P1040899.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 190
Two garden monsters 18 months old - half snowshoe/half serengeti and 100% fun !

Attachments

• rip_P1010035.jpg
    rip_P1010035.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 169
  • P1000907-cats.jpg
    P1000907-cats.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 178
  • P1000745-cats.jpg
    P1000745-cats.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: agbiv
I've got these two useless articles. Leo and Pants. Both doing what they do best. They don't like the snow, so have spent the last two days scrunched up as small as possible in various locations around the house, ie, in the tumble dryer :duh (its a good job I checked it before using it).

Attachments

• DSC09329.jpg
    DSC09329.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: foxfish
My cat "Max" is a big boy who is living up to him name. Nothing record breaking but he is one of the biggest cats we've had. He's about 10 years old and is a castrated tom moggie (no pedigree). Although he has his thick winter coat he has no fat on him at all. According to our new digi scales he weighs 12lb.

Dave.

Attachments

• Max .jpg
    Max .jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: Trelawney
Dave, you forgot to say, he just loves to expose his stomach to anyone foolhardy enough to tickle it!

I've got a big fat cat called Belly Cat - serious :D - and a little black kitten which I haven't named yet. I did have a beautiful big black cat called Billy but some bastard ran him over on Christmas day, which completey ruined my Christmas - he was by far the best cat I've ever had :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Three black cats,for some reason all other coloured ones get run over by a car or disappear.The oldest one,Makkara(Sausage), is a father figure. he has welcomed every new kitten and takes care of the younger ones even when they have grown up.Theres Tassu(Paw) and Poenttoe(something like a can or a barrel.) He was named together with his brother Savu(Smoke,smoke and white coloured ),which was was run over by seminologist.By the way, what is the word for the thing used to smoke fish?

A fnnish hound Taru (tale), a german short haired...oh my lousy english whats the word!!! She looks like a Weimarian but colours are like pointers, (and hunts a bit like one too)Name is Seri,a very common dog name here.

Tassu is a barn cat,yet he is very social and affectionate. The rest of them live mainly in the house;youngest cat is right now trying to get me stop writing and concentrate on him,purring on my lap...The cats and dogs are good friends.

Outside in a barn are two horses, Seiko and Tintuura.Finnish horses. Two cows and a bull (finnish lappland cattle) and some beef cattle. Had to give up goats,sheep and hen, there was not enough room in the barn and not enough hours in a day.

I have had many kinds of pets,and some wild animals found hurt whom Ive tried to help. Sometimes even succeeded.

Two kids...or one since older one is living mostly in other town for school. one teenager gives you more grief than all the other pets together.

I tried but it didnt work last time...

Attachments

• Kesä-heinäkuu 05 022.jpg
    Kesä-heinäkuu 05 022.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 155
  • elokuu 05 002.jpg
    elokuu 05 002.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Kesäkuu 05 001.jpg
    Kesäkuu 05 001.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 144
Heres some more pics,the reason why the lappland bull calf is stretching his nose out...he has a little friend visiting. The grey cat is our best mousehunter of all times,Makkara`s mom.She was a real lapcat when not hunting. loved children too.And I forgot the bees so heres one.

And there`s one to show what it looks like here now.

Attachments

• elokuu 05 004.jpg
    elokuu 05 004.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 153
  • jouluk05-tammi06 002.jpg
    jouluk05-tammi06 002.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Kesä-heinäkuu 05 023.jpg
    Kesä-heinäkuu 05 023.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 152
  • Kesäkuu 05 005.jpg
    Kesäkuu 05 005.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Kesäkuu 05 008.jpg
    Kesäkuu 05 008.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: devondave
Ive got two (freediving) rats (Smokey & Bandit), they love water and love going under water....or maybe it's because their neck weights are too heavy....

hmmm...might look into that one, could be sign of trouble.

I've also got three mice (Cookie, Patches and Mum). Cookie and Patches are Seal Points and Mum is just a white one.

I've got two dogs. Phoebe and Clyde. Phoebe is a Pug, Clyde is a Staffie.

I've also got a son who loves to swim but is scared of a bath....still can't figure that one out.

I've got a wife I call Pet but never comes when I call her and a new one on the way....apparently my swimmers finally get a white card.

Cheers!!

Some great posts lately.

Fozen duck, great collection but no ducks? Is it just you or do all Finns own such a collection of animals/pets? Never been to Finland. What's it like to live (and dive) there apart from bl**dy cold?

Nice one Wade, you'd get on well with Foxfish. He's been a bit of a rodent man in the past. NZ is high on my list of places to visit.

Broseidon, I'd like to see your fat cat too. I've lost a couple of cats including one of my best an 8 year old monster jet black bruiser of a moggie called Charlie. He argued with a car and lost. At least it was more of less instant. He's buried under the apple trees in my garden with 2 other cats, Ben and Minstral.

Dave.

Lottie, our small female just loves db!

Attachments

• P1000612.JPG
    P1000612.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: agbiv
Fozen Duck?:naughty oh no, if they havent fainted theyve begged for more...

The sea is very different here. Lots of islands, shallow waters, and here the coast of the Gulf of Botnia land rises. It was pressed down during the ice age and now it wants to bounce back. its about 1cm a year, so the coast line changes, slowly but all the time. There are thousands of lakes, some very dark, but especially in Lappland and eastern Finland there are very clear waters.

Theres less salt in Baltic sea, and especially in the gulf of botnia, so the fish are both from sea and sweet water.

The climate is a bit like in Canada or Alaska.

I think this an easy place to travel. Not cheap, but safe and clean. if you want to see what is it like to spearfish here Go to TEAM KAMPELA site or try youtube(f.e.spearfishing in finland)

Just added to the Spaniard clan by one shy Bengal cat; courtesy of a family moving abroad - my daughter Lola is obsessed with cats so a win-win situation. Taiga (female youngster) is very shy and hides under the sofa, not helped by Lola's excited squeals! Any help/advice from DB cat-owners gladly appreciated. Photos to follow once Taiga emerges!

Just give her time and she'll come out. Being moved out of the environment they're used to is stressful for them and you've got to let her deal with it in her own way.

We got our two as adults from friends that moved away and one was very inquisitive and friendly right from the start. The other spent the first 3 weeks under our bed. But now he's very comfortable here as you can see in this pic, yes, he is fast asleep.

When she does come out don't make a fuss, just let her explore in her own time, give her attention when she wants it but leave her to do her own thing when she wants to. She'll soon be your friend when she realises you give her food!

Attachments

• Bob.JPG
    Bob.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 162
Cheers Magpie, as we speak she has emerged and danced in the kitchen sink! I can see she will be a handful!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT