• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Photos from Tsunami Maldives

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
Here's some pictures of our resort.. you can see the panic! The green structures are temporary accommodation, and the occupants fled already with their suitcases packed.

The photo with the boats its the arrivals jetty, which completely emptied and one point (before it filled up....) and the container is one that floated away from the jetty.

Attachments

• Nics photos 007.jpg
    Nics photos 007.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Nics photos 012.jpg
    Nics photos 012.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 197
  • Nics photos 022.jpg
    Nics photos 022.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 181
  • Nics photos 023.jpg
    Nics photos 023.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Nics photos 050.jpg
    Nics photos 050.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 222
Some more...

Attachments

• Nics photos 045.jpg
    Nics photos 045.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Nics photos 019.jpg
    Nics photos 019.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 183
  • Nics photos 051.jpg
    Nics photos 051.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Nics photos 010.jpg
    Nics photos 010.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Nics photos 003.jpg
    Nics photos 003.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 178
Thats unbelivable Sarah... I'm glad nothing happened you in that rumble!

Thanks Memo!

we will be even happier when we are able to leave... :(

sara have a happy new year i hope you will be able to go home soon
thanks for the photos and thank good you are saved
eyal

I know its hard and mentally depressive to stay in the disaster vicinity... Try to be strong... I know its hard, very hard but after all you are the SHARK LADY! ;)

Happy new year Sarah!

I"m glad you survived the disaster!

Thanks for the pictures!

Said

Happy new year Sarah

keep safe and get home soon

Last edited:
island_sands said:
Thanks Memo!

we will be even happier when we are able to leave... :(

And the rest of DB will be happier when you are safely on higher ground . . . though, of course, not too far from the ocean.

thank you all!

i'll post some more photos as soon as i have them.

Looking forward to leaving here as soon as possible but by the looks of things it wont' be for another two months :(

I know the feeling of desire to "leave" but the uncapability.... I know that everybody have the same seeling with you. Try to take easy (although its the most difficult thing to do)..

more pics.. this is from Goidhoo island. We buy our palm trees from them.

Their generators were damaged as were many homes. We are trying to help them to get back on their feet.

Attachments

• Goidhoo 052.jpg
    Goidhoo 052.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Goidhoo 066.jpg
    Goidhoo 066.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 149
  • Goidhoo 281.jpg
    Goidhoo 281.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Goidhoo 018.jpg
    Goidhoo 018.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Goidhoo 035.jpg
    Goidhoo 035.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 158
An incredible occurance indeed. Life has unexpected deliveries that we live and learn through with absolute wonder, strength, fear yet appreciation. I'm sure the appreciation of survival is overwhelming. Thank you so much for the photos. I spent my honeymoon at Maldives and feel for the tragedy. You are in our thoughts.
God Bless

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT