• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

photos

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Angus

Apr 2, 2001
Hey Stephen, is it possible to incorporate pictures into a post. As this category is not just about spearfishing it would be wonderful to be able to post pictures here. If they had a story that went with them that would be even better.

You Already Can!

Angus,

File Uploads are already activated in the forums. I have set them to be viewed "in-line" now (i.e. they appear in the post itself rather than as a link)

You can upload an image in a post by using the "Attach File:" option at the bottom of the post page.

Reactions: Angus
Let's see some pictures!

Thanks Stephan.

Now that this is clear let's see some pictures! Please.

VERY unproductive day spearing ....

That's me doing the Kenyan Masai stance thing ..... spear is from a 65cm Balco Sub Cave gun ..... he he he

Last edited by a moderator:
A thousand words

LOL :D And to think I thought spearfishing actually involved getting in the water. Thanks SA.

my drive to work...

no ocean in sight :(

Last edited:
schoolmaster snapper

when i have my gun, these guys are no where in sight :D these critters are my second favorite snapper to eat. 1st is the mutton snapper.

mangrove snapper

here's a nice pair(male/female) of mangrove snapper. i'm not too fond of their flesh(a bit muddy to me), but alot of people like them and they're plentiful where i go. the larger ones of this species will actually turn on it's side when you're chasing them giving you a smaller profile cause you're looking at their back. then, it's almost impossible to spear them. pretty good defense mech. i'd say. :D

My Favorite

This is one of my favorites. It's a Goat Fish. The local name for it is Joe Lewis, due to the large lips. (no racial pun intended)

DSV

Attachments

• tyger & joe lewis 2.jpg
    tyger & joe lewis 2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 646
Re: my drive to work...

Originally posted by andrsn
no ocean in sight :(

True, but having lived in Boulder for a short while, I know there are some very clear lakes in those distant peaks (when they are not frozen). Do I remember you saying you hailed from FL? If so, I understand if you are reluctant to dive water that was snow just days and sometimes minutes ago...:)

Great photos Andrsn! You have the touch. Most of us shoot pics with more emphasis on the washed out dark blue and the comments are always along the lines of " are you sure that is a ______ fish?" Keep them coming! Although I live near the pacific, work has been taxing my dive time.

Warm Regards,
Aaron

hogfish

this is the very tasty hogfish. although alot of people call them hogsnapper, this is wrong. the hogfish belongs to the wrasse family. their flesh is superb! very white and fine fibered. delicious broiled with just lemon and herbs. gotta keep them iced well until you clean them, cause they can mush up on you. very interesting bone structure. looks almost prehistoric in the photo.

gotta share sometimes

here's a nice little nurse shark that thought it needed to relieve aquiles of the grouper he had just shot. i really don't mind sharing sometimes. :D

aquiles' twins

in case you haven't seen this pic on the 'personal bests' thread, here it is. this is aquiles showing off his skills. yes, they were skewered simultaneously. not an easy feat knowing how difficult it is to get 1 grouper, and even a headshot at that!

my wallpaper

this is one of my favorite shots.. i call it 'los ojos'
ingredients: schoolmaster snapper, blue striped grunts, atlantic goatfish, mangrove snapper, french grunts, and some others...

Last edited:
No tasty fish

Since Octo is getting hungry looking at all those pictures of tasty fish, I'll change the subject......

Attachments

• turtle2.jpg
    turtle2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 488
Favourite critters

Pictures taken freediving with my Motor Marine II.

Playing with Seals is top fun......

Attachments

• cuteseal2.jpg
    cuteseal2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 487
And just to show you guys where I work ...

.. here's the view from my office. What you see in the background is Table Bay, with Robben Island barely visible to the left ...

That's what I've got to look at the whole day ..

Attachments

• move.h7.jpg
    move.h7.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 480
Last one

Don't know how much Server space I can chew up before getting kicked off :D , OK last one.

Attachments

• funnyseal2.jpg
    funnyseal2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 488
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT