• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Picasso apnos mimetic

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ickledevil

take a breath and relax..
Apr 26, 2001
Hi all,
thinking of changing my Beauchat suit for the above.. seen it on Diveinn for £150 inc postage sounds a good price to me. Any reviews of it? Im torn between this and an omer camu suit anyone know the best place to pick up omer gear for the UK.. also anywhere else I should price up the picasso gear from?
Any opinions welcome.
Cheers
Joe :eek:

My advice: GET IT. Good price, good suit, end of story. I have a 3mm one and love it.

Angelos

If you are a rock hopper, ie a diver that slides across rock to enter the water, I would caution against bying a mimetic suit. The Spearos I know have all warned me off using one. Its fine for boat diving but doesn't stand up to the abuse dished out by shore dives, The ones available at my local dive store dont have knee pads and are known for tearing. Otherwise thye are a good suit.:)

Thanks...
Do do a lot of shore dives, and crawling over rocks under water.
Any other opinions or thoughts on the Omer suits?

Does this suit just have a camo patteren on the arms, shoulders and head area of the suit? Or does it have camo on the lower part of the legs to?

BladeRunner Out

Last edited:
well..

My Escalpez seems to take beating fairly well still working like it should and it has taken some serious hits.. not only here in UK, but in Finland and Egypt.. so I could recomend that.. ask Lou for details what it costs.. I can't/ don't want to remeber what I paid for it.. it is good, but right now money is for food and for food only.. friday though.. pay day ahh...:cool:

Pretty sure its a 'patchy' camo bit here and there its on order but theres a wait on delivery, mind you a friend ordered one a couple of weeks before me and his should arrive any day so I'll let you know.

dive suit

ickledevil

did you get a chance to see the suit yet. I just order mine and hope it gets here by the end of the month my other suit is MIA from my last dive.

That's the last time I drive through the night with no sleep to go diving and then try to hurry to pack everything to get back. I'm still kicking myself in the ASS for leaving the damn thing behind. I can forget about getting my first dive computer, I have to use the money to get a new suit now!!

BladeRunner OUT

Hey I ordered my PICASSO APNOS MIMETIC about three weeks ago and still haven't received my suit yet. I've sent e-mails with no response. This has really surprised me because I heard most people get quick replys from them if they have any questions about an order. I was really hoping I would get it by this weekend so I could use during this holiday weekend!

BladeRunner OUT

Picasso suit....

BladeRunner,
Have you received that suit yet? I'm curious about what kind of review you give it. Is it made of the Heiwa material everyone seems to be talking about?

no I haven't received it yet after three going on four weeks now.
I sent an E-mail and was told they don't have them in stock yet, but it said the back order was two weeks. So I just said forget it and canceled my order and I was really getting excited about getting it to. Picasso America has dropped there prices a good amount and I think it actually tells you how many they actually have on hand of whatever size you choose. not sure need to check.

I wasn't familar with the material it was made of can you feel me in on what it is please?

BladeRunner OUT

Picasso Apnos has a patchy green camo on black nylon pattern. It also comes with a green nylon color. It is open cell inside and the material is Yamamoto rubber (not Heiwa) which is also very good. I have had mine for 2 years and has been working great for me.

Angelos

Hey frogman which suit do you have the green& camo suit or the black&camo suit. what do you think about the face, wrist and kneck seals are? I'm about to buy the green suit. I found a place that actually has the size I need in stock!

so I'm going to go for it!

BladeRunner OUT

Blade,
I have the black one with green camo patches. The seals are fine since it is all open cell inside (need to spray shampoo to put it on). I am not a big fan of aquastops (the thin material that some suits have at the wrists, face and ankles) as they tend to tear. I think the green suit is the same thing, just different color. The Apnos material is pretty soft but it does not tear easily (I would know, I do most of my spearing on reefs).

Angelos

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT