• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Picasso Black Team fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BladeRunner

Mud Puddle Diver
May 20, 2002
Hey I'm looking for peoples opinion on Picasso Black Team fins? The pros and cons, how they hold up to use that kinda thing. Thank You for any responses! :cool:

see my response in the help needed thread here, r.e., Picasso BT's.

They're a real good and basic, no frills, no bullshit fin that'll last you well after you get tired. They're a staple of anyone lucky enough to fit into them. Their not the cheapest, being from Picasso, but once you get used to them, you'll be stylin.

sven

I swear by them!

I have been using the same pair of Black Team fins that I purchased when I got into freediving several years back.

They are built like a tank and I even have the original blades in them still - and they have been used for more pool training and open ocean dives than I can count. For my wide flat feet with no arch - they have been a god send. My feet never cramp and the transfer of enrgy to the fin from each kick is fully felt.

They are the only fins I will use until I have found something better - and I have yet to find another fin that meets my needs. Now if I could only afford a pair of the new carbonprenes...

mmmm... Carbonprene fins... Sacrilicious... :cool:

BT Fins

After reading Cliff's review on fins about two years ago (?), my first foray into deeperblue, I bought the Picasso Black fins as my first set of longblades. They have served me well.

These fins (for me) are a very comfortable fit - I can even wear them bare (although I use a lycra sock). In additon to their comfort and performance, they are extremely durable. I bang them mercilessly against hard limestone rock on a weekly basis and, besides the scratches, they are still in great condition.

As I stated in the personal info thread, they are still the best piece of freediving gear that I have bought.

Scott

P.S. And now you can even buy them from the deeperblue store for a very reasonable price.

Best fins ever

My first longblades was the gray Picasso fins. I have never needed other fins (except carbon fins for constant weight depth diving).

My gray Picassos has been used several times every week since january 2000. In pool and in rough sea with rock bottom. It is impossible to destroy them.

Personally i think that Picasso freediving gear is well worth the extra prize. (This does also apply to Picasso's wetsuits.)

A drawback with these fins is that they tend to be hard on your leg mussels, but only when you have not used them for a while.

A drawback is that they seem a bit heavier than eg Cressi Gara 2000.

But if you buy them, you will love them!

Black Team = Genesis?

I've been looking for a new set of fins, because it looks like i'm in for a 3 week+ wait until my beuchat are fixed. the sardine run is in full swing, and i'm stuck watching from the beach.
At dive factory they have a pair of picasso fins. they are all black, except for genesis in gold lettering. i've seen pics of black teams on the web, but no genesis. are they the same fins? if they are then they sound like a reasonable buy.

Thanks

Mark

Picasso Black Team

Hi,

I purchased a black pair of Picasso Black Team a couple of weeks ago. It is nice to hear from people that I did not make a wrong choice. I tried it for the first time in Assos, near Canakkale. They are indeed heavy, but after some time I got used to them.

I wanted to know how long the blades are on the black team fins from the toe tip of the footpocket to the tip of the blade. Thank you for whoever takes the time measure them for me!

BladeRunner Out

BladeRunner,

My picasso's are 23" from the top of the footpocket to the tip of the blade (34" overall for a size 42-44). To compare, my Sporasub Pure Carbons are 27" & 38", respectively.

Scott

Thank you for doing that for me Scott!:D

I thought for some reason they would longer than that!

Last edited:
Sven, sounds like you've heard that more than just a couple times!:D

Ouch...No sis...but my brother has been complaining of a little soreness!:t

Picasso America E-mail address

Hello Does anyone have Picasso America's E-mail address I need help finding the correct footpocket size I need for the black team fins I'm going to order. Any help on either of this two questions would appreicated!

BladeRunner

Hey guys! Can you tell me how hard they are, e.g. in comparison with the Gara LD or HF.
My buddy needs a new pair of fins. He is 194cm, has 92kg and has a powerful stroke...he needs fins at least as stiff as the HF.
Thanks in advance!

Picasso - sporasub foot pocket

Hi Scott

I'm pretty new to freedivng and the website and could use a little help. I've been loooking through the old posts(very old) and came across your reply about the Picasso fins. I'm ready to by my first freediving fins have narrowed down to two choices: Picasso and Sporasub. You wrote your foot pockets were 42/44. I think this is the size I need, my foot size is 8.5 to 9US. I plan on diving mostly with a pair of 2mm socks. Is your foot size comparable and is either one(Picasso or Sporasub) especially narrow b/c my foot is wider than normal ? Any Suggestions?

Thanks for your help,

Charlie

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT