• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

picasso century at scubastore

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

groats

pelogic thinker
May 1, 2003
Scubastore are selling picasso century now but i can't find any good reviews or pics. It looks like it has a full lenght rail and circular band. Is this true?
I've heard good things about this gun so I'm quite interested. Is it reliable? I'd need it for small shy fishes, so accuracy and range are important...

If i'm lucky i can get the cash together and would buy a century 100 instead of a cressi comanche.

Thanks for any help. Joe

On my research on the forums i read that shaneshac said the picassos come with too long rubbers. He said the century 100 comes with 28cm rubbers. Facts anyone?

It surprises me a little that the century seems to be quite a common gun and a lot of people like it but i don't seem to be able to find useful info anywhere across the web...

Joe

Picasso Century does not have a full length rail. It is set up like a typical euro gun: Threaded bands, 6.5 mm shaft and no rail. Check here for more info/sizing. I would pick a Rob Allen but it is also a matter of personal preference.

Angelos

Groats,

The Picasso Centuries do not come with a full length rail & come with a set of screw-in bands stock.

The Picasso triggers are very sensitive. Some people love it and some people are dangerous to be around with it...
:martial
:blackeye

Overall a good gun :D Main thing is that it shoots fish ;)

Have you considered the Imersion Initiation or Concept Pro? The Initiation is a pretty cheap gun. 16mm bands, 6mm shaft, full-length rail(modular that you can take out) & you can buy a reel on scubastore for it that works really well for $11.57 I have a smaller one that I use for holes & find it a decent gun.

I can recomend the Concept pro, it comes with a reel as standard and is very accurate; comes also with an adjustable handle so you can make it comfortable and an adjustable guide on the front so you can adjust the shoot hight to suit your aim. It shoots a spear clean through a 12lb (6Kg) Bass at 4.5 to 5 metres with 16mm bands. Not to expensive, reliable etc etc :) OK its not the last word in spearguns but for someone like me who doesnt fish every day it is fine. Having said that if you intend to fish regularly (more than 30 days a year for the next 10 years) you would be better off with something like an Omer. :)

http://www.imersion.com/page2.asp?navi=ie&langue=2

Last edited:
Thanks for the infos!
I've just found a the gun in question on picasso-sg.com and it is the century pacific that i thought was the one available at scubastore. The century pacific indeed has a rail and circ bands but i haven't found a place to buy it. I expect it to cost more than the standard century as well, so that's the 20mm-circ-bands-railgun gone then *sigh*...

Imersion Initation? Sounds like interesting concept for sniping breams with the 6mm-16mm combo. Also i could afford it. What if a bigger fish came by? There's also the cressi comanche i could afford (which i have started numeruos threads about already, sorry for the boring questions). So, for med conditions, is the initation or the comanche the best bet. I can only buy one single gun until i win the lottery :)

Thanks for your help, really, Joe

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT