• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Picasso Magnum Carbon Rail

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pav

Nov 1, 2005
Has anyone else considered or used the Picasso Magnum Carbon Rail?
Considering an 85 to replace a 90/75 Cressi Comanche quiver.

I'm considering one too because the price is so low. Where do you dive? I may suggest a longer one...

I considered buying one but then got the chance of buying a Sporasub One 95cm speargun so went for that.
It came with the same 19cm diameter boom rubber as the Picasso Magnum Carbon Rail and after doing some online research I found out that the gun would shoot further, be more accurate and the rubbers easier to pull by changing from the 19cm rubber to 2x14cm rubbers.
A 19cm rubber has a greater mass in comparison to a 14cm rubber so it slows down quicker with water resistance when fired so the rubber is not as effective in accordance to its diameter and it also creates more recoil and the obvious one is 2x14cm rubbers have more power than 1x19cm.
I was glad I changed my speargun set up to 2x14 cm rubbers it has made the gun so much more accurate with a longer range and if i want to spear say Flat fish at closer range then i also have the option of loading just one of the 14cm rubbers.

Reactions: denian
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT