• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pipin's new book

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bluecape

Apr 21, 2003
Hiya

I saw Pipin's new book, called 'The Dive' today, it has arrived at 'Exclusive Books' in Capetown, and retails here for about
R 200-00.

The quality is great, hard-covered, nicely layed out and with some great pics, covering mainly his time with Audrey.
A 'must-have' for any freediver, with lots of very interesting personal stories and info. I will definately buy as soon as I have the spare cash.

Jeff:cool:

I picked the book up a couple of weeks ago and it was very good! I loved it.

Kelp !!!

Hows the freediving in Kaapstad china, must be pretty chilly!!! Have you freedived in the Kelp Forests???

Pipin's book is a very good read, couldn't put the book down read it in about 2 days flat. lots of nice photos in there too....
Shame there aren't a few more books available on freediving/freedivers, plenty of books on diving out there!!!

Hey Golfinho

Kelp is my 'home territory' for diving !!! Serves loads of good purposes, it provides a location to find reef fish if you need some fish for the fire...it provides great 'descent-lines' to pull yourself slowly to the bottom to save energy for the free-dive, and best of all, it provides great cover to run and hide from over curious great-white sharks !! :D

regards

Jeff

Kelp !!!

Yes indeed Jeff,

And there are plenty in the fair Cape.
Had my first ever Surf years ago at The Glen - Clifton, it was getting dark, the water was pretty cold even though it was summer and I remember the loose kelp kept getting wrapped around my legs in the Surf, very un-nerving when there had recently been a Great White attack in False Bay.

Thats gotta be fun, freediving in the kelp forests, got any photos....?

Ciao china!

No photo's of kelp, but will have soon, busy playing with a Sony U/W camera.
Glen beach in summer, thats the coldest water. The summer SE winds cause upwelling in the Atlantic, and the water temprature gets down to about 9 degrees !
Even the fish head up the coast to find warmer pastures !

The Glen

Yeah! But it was fun..... the dude that took me out to surf was a friend of a friend, he had no spare leash for the board, we found some old thin rope in the back of his bakkie and he told me when i asked "how do you surf"... "Dude, the only way to learn is to do it!!"

Lots of washing machine spins and fighting the waves, kelp and stupid string and I was having a blast, didn't care that it was dark and I only had a silly 3/4 3mm wetsuit.

But the best thing of all was turning up at La Med afterwards.

No place like Cape Town in the summer....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT