• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Piss Kit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

d_deftone

Mar 28, 2006
Hi DB friends

If possible, can someone help me out where can I buy a piss kit, or if not available online, how to create one?

Thanks in advance

there is an easier way, involving less surgery on your wetsuit; the condom catheter, available from medical supply companies who deal with incontinence
Scuba divers use these when diving in a drysuit, connected to a valve to allow overboard dumping; http://www.halcyon.net/exposure/discharge.shtml
For wetsuit diving, you dont need anything so elaborate, either make a small cut to allow the tube to poke out, or do what I do and run the tube up out of the trousers then down out of the jacket (avoiding any sharp bends)
Scuba divers tend to use Rochester Wideband catheters, as these are very secure, but they are also VERY self adhesive, and taking them off can bring a tear to the eye:head I have found some from coloplast which have a seperate glue strip. they are not as leakproof as the widebands, but a bit of leakage in a wetsuit is not a problem (plus if you are really tight you could reuse them for more than one dive:naughty )
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk
www.c-ski.co.uk
www.eliossub.co.uk

I just went to the pharmacy, bought a kit for incontinent men, or for guys that have to stay in bed due to an operation..

A little hole in the suit, put the tube through, put the condom on...thats it
Cost me 20 Euros!

Thanks friends for all your good advices. Now I know various ways on how to create a piss kit.

In fact now I know also the exact definition on the most important part for a good piss kit, i.e. the 'External Catheter' which one can buy online or from pharmacies with clinical products.

Thanks again

Jez said:
I just pee in my suit. Costs me nothing.
Nothing except the cost of a new suit seriously piss will weaken a suit, uric acid dissolves the glue and anyway I wouldn't want to sit next to you when you get out.

Very good point Huan!! I agree totally. Why not try and prevent very bad odours, bad hygiene and suit decay? Being clean afterwards is much better, for the suit, for all of us and for our families/girlfriends hehe

Urine might also create irritations and make you more prone to skin and ear infections!

Just flush your suit with sea water if it bothers. I've peed in my surf suit for years and its never degraded around the crotch (even though it now needs replacing badly just beacause of its age). You don't, as you rightly say, want to go straight out on date after though.:yack

I don't get a smelly suit as it open cell, the pee just washes right off. And I take a shower to the beach with me. I've usually lubed up with antibacterial soap and water so I don't seem to smell when I get out. Plus, its nice and warm.rofl

I remember a friend of mine who worked and studied as a surf coach describing peeing in your suit as very natural. It has something to do with the "squeeze effect". He had a fancy name to describe this but basically you just can't help it... so go with the flow rofl

Come to think of it, depending on your location in the world, peeing in the water at all could attract sharks. I believe peeing can be a sign of distress in an animal, something a highly tuned predator would investigate. Just cross your legs!!rofl

I pee in my suit every time (open cel). To help with th odour I have a 5liter waterbottle with hot water, i.e. instant shower! It is also great after a cold dive.

I think the main reason for having some sort of "overboard dump" is that it actually keeps you warmer.
Peeing in the suit feels nice when you do it, but causes blood vessels in your skin to dilate, meaning you actually lose more heat. Peeing in the suit also means there is far more liquid inside the suit than would otherwise be the case, increasing the amount of heat loss
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk
www.c-ski.co.uk
www.eliossub.co.uk

You guy's have gotta be kidding....catheters, condom caths etc...just pee in your suit,keep it simple!!

You can laugh all you want at the pissette/bec de canard but I would rather have one of these than having to put on a condom catheter and feed the hose all around the suit.
There is going to be enough of that kind of thing when we get older without having to do it now!
Unless of course you want to get proficient at it now.
BTW the need to pee when diving/swimming is called Immersion Diuresis, there is a thread on it somewhere here.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…