• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Places to dive in Thailand

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
D

DancingBandit

I am going to Thailand in February next year and now I am wondering what is the best place to dive. Looking for to complete AIDA***. So, the best place with best teachers, conditions, best prices etc. Any ideas?

Apnea total did a great job to promote freediving in Asia ,and were the first to teach F.R.E.E courses in Thailand.But i have to say that their reputation went a little bit down in the last few years..they now do their own unstandardised courses (not recognized by any other federation) ,with very little theory ,and very little about correcting finning style/streamlining/freefall..they also teach very agressive hyperventilation before static to get fast results .( the dark side of the force.)

If you are to go to Koh Tao you will have a fun and more serious course with blue immersion.
Blue planet and wefreedive also offer good aida courses in Koh Lanta and phuket.
I personnaly prefer koh Lanta ,more laid back than phuket ,the sites are less crowded and freediving the Koh Ha Cave is a "must do"

Thanks for the tips. Propably go with We freedive, heard many positive comments about them. Personally would like to go koh tao but I was just informed by my girlfriend that our holiday is not just about diving :D Go figure...

Yea, I know Richard and Sarah personally. They will take good care of you there. I also live in Phuket. Much more to do there in general when you are not freediving. Much less to do in Ko Tao and Ko Lanta.

I would recommend WeFreedive in Phuket due to several reasons.

First of all Richard and Sarah are very good teachers.With them you are not just fundiving but getting real freediving education. Nevertheless you can have lots of fun with them but at the right time. They are two lovely people you surely can connect with if you really want to learn something.
Secondly the boat they use is no comparison to those on Koh Tao.
Thirdly the Equipment they use is very good.

I did my Course with them in Phuket, my girlfriend did the AIDA ** on Koh Tao.
While choosing the right freediving course for her we visited all the freediving schools.
None of them seemed to be as good and professional as WeFreedive.

In comparison the education my girlfriend received was less and worse. especially concernig freedive safety.

On the other side, Koh Tao, is a nice island to freedive, many good spots and wrecks you can easily access from the beach.

OK, probably not all of them, but most of them :) . at least those you find on a quick research with google...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT