• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Placing spearguns INSIDE kayak?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

yyjones

Jun 27, 2020
Hi DeeperBlue.
I'm thinking about getting a kayak for long(ish) distance spearfishing trips.
I NEED to be able to put the spearguns (ranging from 1 to 2meters full length) INSIDE the kayak, through the hatch.
There seem to be only 3 kayaks I can order:
-Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 angler:
https://saudi.desertcart.com/products/15...t-4-inches
-Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160:
https://saudi.desertcart.com/products/21...160-kayaks
-Hobie Mirage revolution 16 (expensive!!

Are these kayak all right for what I plan?
Any other suggestions?

Reactions: Mr. X
I don't know about the others but I had a prowler 13 a few kayaks ago and it was a nice roomy dive platform but not exactly a speed machine for long distance. Good little yak and from memory I could just get a 100cm gun with Spear on into the hatch.
Last few yaks I've had I've attached railblaza G Holds on the bow to hold guns. They work well and mean you have plenty space to use the hatch for the trolley etc if you want to.

Reactions: yyjones
Thanks for your reply Grantl.
The Prowler 13 is indeed large and I guess it won't be easy to paddle fast.
I do like the Tarpon 16, as reviews describe it as a rather fast SOT. I was going to order it yesterday but hesitated because storing spearguns inside is a must, and I'm not sure the Tarpon has enough space inside.

You could always try a travel gun such as the Riffe travel eurogun which separates into two pieces and that includes the spear.

Reactions: yyjones
It is also very easy to load and maneuver underwater. If you want more distance in your shots, you need a longer rifle. A longer rifle stretches the risers further, giving you more power in your shots.

Regards: Women's exotic lingerie

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…