• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pneumatic fail?!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kimcordina

Jul 14, 2010
Hey guys, so lately purchased a mares cyrano 850 and only used it a couple of times. It was fairly easy to load, no idea what bar it was at since i dont have a manometer and neither do the suppliers ;/

Anyway so i emptied the pressure and repressurized it myself using the hand pump just like it said in the manual, 480 pumps which equates to 25 bar.

Got into the pool straight after pumping it, it immediately felt harder to load and that there was now more pressure than before. Maybe 3 seconds passed(hadent yet fired) and bubbles began coming out from the trigger, then the back (not the valve) and from quite a few places around the handle, it was basically emptying the air i had just pumped into it! i let it continue till it stopped and then fired, there was still pressure left in the chamber and i could also reload it and fire again, although the pressure was significantly less then even the stock pressure..... i am pretty confused and not sure what on earth went wrong, any insight into this problem?

gonna take it back and tell the suppliers about it but any info on what the answer might be will greatly help surely.

Thanks
Kim Cordina

I have had this happen with a few new guns, some times after pressurizing the dump valve weeps air and can be made to seal again after re pressurizing.My Airbalete also leaked from 28 bar to 10, but now has held 30
bar of Nitrogen for 4 months with only a bar of loss measured at the same temperature.

Cheers. Don Paul

When I repressurised my Cyrano 850 a little air leaked from the inlet valve. I gave the valve a quick tap with a thin punch, only a short quick release of air, but it stopped leaking after that. It has kept the pressure now for over 3 years.

An o-ring is leaking. Sounds like it was bad from the start because the pneumatics I've used are never "easy" to load. If you can take it back, maybe do so. Disassembling and regreasing and oiling is easy, and may solve your problem. Try to get a schematic and then take apart, check the o rings for wear, reassemble with plenty of grease and add about an ounce of oil (10wXX motor oil I think works) into the barrel.

I'm no pro, so if anyone wants to add to that, please do.

imo stick to omer band guns, pneumatic just aint the right tool for the job see you tomorrow xD

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…