• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pneumatic gun parts

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

istriker22

Oct 8, 2007
Hello all,

I'm interested in knowing where you guys buy the parts for maintenance and repair from.
I'm currently looking for a Cressi Sl inner barrel bushing and cannot find it anywhere online. Thanks in
advance for any responses.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396810974.218596.jpg

Here's a pic of what I'm referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't think about flfreedivers. Scuba's doesn't have it. Thanks!

My bad, I should be more specific. I'm referring to the o-ring or bushing that inserts on the groove on the barrel.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396817890.358176.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396817899.392787.jpg

As you can see, there's one on the front of the barrel but the one on the back is missing (I think).

:LOL: Sorry - now I got it.

I believe you need a bushing there if the gun has a power reducer. You don't need if it's without.

Here's a little Cressi SL maintenance video:

Jégwan

Oh that makes sense! It doesn't have the power reducer.

This used to be my hole gun But hadn't used it in years. It had no air so now I have to figure out the why. It wouldn't lose air because of non use correct?

It could lose air over time.

Best thing to do is to pump it again and check for leaks by putting it in water. I recommend doing it while wify is out shopping if you use the bathtub :).

The most common leaks are the piston, the inlet valve, the power regulator switch or the trigger pin. An O-ring kit is what you need.

Give the new O-rings some silicon grease when you install them. You can use a SAE10 fork oil in the gun. I have attached a list with recommended quantities for different gun lengths.

Jégwan

Attachments

• Olie mængde til Oleo’s.pdf
    26.2 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Your gun is a "Star", not an "SL", although it is basically the single power version of the "Superleggero". A pneumatic gun can lose all air pressure over many years due to slow leaks which are almost imperceptible, yet some examples of those same guns (unused) can hold their pressure for 10 years. Just pump it up as Jegwan says. In the very early days most pneumatic spearguns had slow leaks, that is why they had built-in hand pumps to top them up. Provided the air pressure does not change noticeably over a month or so a pneumatic gun is good for use, despite having a very small leak.

Last edited:
I already bought the o-ring kit. I hope this gun works again, it was my very first pneumatic gun 7 years ago. Thank you very much guys.

Reactions: Jegwan
I have an old mares californian I see you can buy cress o ring kits. Will they fit the mares? mares will not sell parts . mk

I have an old mares californian I see you can buy cress o ring kits. Will they fit the mares? mares will not sell parts . mk
I have not tried to do it, but the body rings for the Cressi are of a larger OD and thinner section width than those for the Mares guns such as the "Sten" and "Cyrano". They might substitute, but I suggest you buy the Mares kit rather than find that they don't and of course there are all the other rings to consider in the guns. You can buy them on-line, just do a search. The "Californian" name has been used on a series of guns, the original "Sten", the "Sten 87" and the "Sten 2001", but the same kit should do all of them.
Mares O ring kit.jpg

The Mares "Jet" is basically a revamp of the "Sten 87" which first appeared as the "Competition Line" series of spearguns.

Last edited:
Hi

Hi Matt,
Pete is right - just get the Mares set. It has a parts number and you should def be able to get it. If you are in Oz, I am sorry for you as in Europe these sets are about 5 bucks and not 30 as Adreno seems to want to charge.
Though I think you are in the US, if you do happen to be in Europe, I will send you some shop links.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT