• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pneumatics at 90-100 ft...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

gill

gill
Aug 15, 2005
I dive at the rigs in the Gulf Coast. I mostly hit fish between 90-100 feet.

Is a pneumatic out of the question? Thanks.....

You will lose some power at that depth but it is still useable. Band guns are a better choice, imho for deeper speariing. You could always pump up your pneumatic to be effective at the depth you plan to use it. You may have to load it at depth, though.
Mark

Gill,

I am from Houston too, well originally from Spain, them Venezuela now I am living in Houston. I already saw your post looking for freedivers in the Houston Area.
We are some of them that usually go out from Matagorda, ( We are for several places, South Africa, Spain, Italy and Texas)
Two of us (the Europeans) are using pneumatics in the rigs (Up to120 feet), long ones 110 and 130 and we do not have any problem with that, but we load our guns up to 22 Atm. You have another option that is to modify your previous gun with a Mamba Kit from Maorisub, this allow you to shoot the gun with a dry barrel, giving you like 3 atm more.

I can explain this to you in person or by phone if you want, I sell equipment and Maorisub is one of my representations here in USA.

I will send you a PM with my contact phone numbers.

Cheers

Ivan
ivan@spetton-usa.com

Ravelo shot a giant grouper at 175 feet (53m), at a range of 20-25 feet, using a pneumatic....

Do you know the brand name of the Ravelo's gun Eric?
22 feet range is so huge esp. at 53 mt.s :duh .
Aydın

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT