• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pneumatics????!?!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

LaJollaFreedvr

Aug 10, 2002
k having argument with buddy who says that pneumatics are the best thigns since sliced bread and how theyre way more powerful than band guns and more accurate bla bla bla...i told him if theyre so great, then why do the majority of spearos use band guns? i personally love band guns and would never get a pneumatic for a variety of reasons, including what is IMO a very unsafe loading procedure and costly (and frequent) repairs...what are your opinions, why dont YOU use one (or why do you?)

Reactions: rigdvr
Tell ur friend to try a powerful band gun with at least 3 x 9/16 band or 2 x 16mm like RA, then see what he said. Compared to a single 16mm band, a pneu is a winner when compared length for length.

Loading a pneu can be downright dangerous...agreed !!!
Pneu is more accurate, yes for a given range only cause no pneu is very powerful......unless like something my friend made.

I have and use both pneu and band guns.

Give him another 5 years and try a few good band guns and see what he thinks. I thought like him long time ago.....untill I see good band guns.

IYA

Reactions: rigdvr
I don`t like them too.They may stuck suddenly while hunting underwater.They cost too much money and time to maintaince.You need pump it up almost every time.They are LESS powerfull than the band guns.They have shorter range.They operate noisy.They have freak loading methods and so so so.....
Even your friend can see the difference if he gives a try to single 20mm OMER or any other BASIC euro band power guns.Not to mention state of art Riffe,Steve Alexander, Darly Wong, Kes,Ra......

Not personally a fan of them but do know some who swear by them. They say the pneu's are more powerful...I believe they are for short distances...and we often hunt in the "murk" so the shorter more powerful gun they say is better in low,low vis....Im not getting one though!:D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT