• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pole spear hurts hand after a while

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jaiden

Aug 6, 2017
I am looking for a pad or guard for my hand to use while I am spearfishing with my polespear. After about 30 minutes of using it my hand starts to hurt from the band resting on it. I have a gatku polespear and also bought the g-string so I could rest the pressure of the band on the clip. This still isn’t helping. I have seen some videos of people that have some sort of pad on their band. I found the mako polespear pad but it is currently sold out. I haven’t been able to find any others. If anyone knows where I can buy one or how to make on I would really appreciate it.

I've had the same trouble with heavy banded pole spears before, but luckily it went away. If you're having trouble, try getting some dense padding and wrapping it around the end of the band and use zip ties to lock it down. You don't need much as it could mess up your shot, but you'll adapt. Another option might be to use epoxy to attach the foam to your glove. Just use a cheap pair in case it doesn't work like you want.

I use something like this on my band, together with a glove I dont have any problems anymore.
http://mogulers.com/?pid=102395306

That mako one should pretty easy to whip up. I bit of floor mat rubber for small trucks should do the trick.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT