• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

PoleSpear search

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Guzman15127

Jul 20, 2019
What’s up guys, I’m relatively new to spearfishing and wanted to know what polespear is a good buy, I have a cheap beginner one now but I’m looking to buy a better one, any information and suggestions would help.

Thank you,
Nick

Reactions: Mr. X
I'd be interested too. We came across a really nice Japanese one on the Japan Spearfishing thread. I also came across 3 companies in the USA: Gatko, I think Riffe and another which looked good but I cannot recall the company's name, possibly in Florida. I think there is a tiny company in the England selling and perhaps making them.

None of the above are cheap, you could buy a good speargun for less. Might be worth making your own if you are that way inclined but the above all include interesting features, innovations and variations.

Reactions: Guzman15127
Thank you, I have a speargun but I travel down to the Bahamas a lot and you can’t use guns down there so I’m looking for one for when I go over there.

That's cool. Lucky you :) I think most of the aforementioned spears are quite long and so better suited clear, tropical waters than the murky, low visibility conditions I often encounter.

Reactions: Guzman15127
You might like to try a “Sea Hornet” stainless steel telescopic unit. Thousands have been sold and although no longer manufactured you may be able to find one second-hand. They are virtually indestructible and there must be many laying forgotten in garages which will surface when relatives sell off some old-timer’s dive gear. The company closed its doors some years ago, but there is some speculation that it may start up again.

Length 1.42 to 2.35 meters when fully extended, twist action mid-grip controls a collet that locks the telescoping front shaft section at any position.
Sea Hornet telescopic ss handspear.jpg

Sea Hornet handspears RR.jpg

Last edited:
You might like to try a “Sea Hornet” stainless steel telescopic unit. Thousands have been sold and although no longer manufactured you may be able to find one second-hand. They are virtually indestructible and there must be many laying forgotten in garages which will surface when relatives sell off some old-timer’s dive gear. The company closed its doors some years ago, but there is some speculation that it may start up again.

Length 1.42 to 2.35 meters when fully extended, twist action mid-grip controls a collet that locks the telescoping front shaft section at any position.
View attachment 54402
View attachment 54403
Thank you very much, I’ll look into it

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT