• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

POLESPEAR TOURNAMENT Registration HERE!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

isibrigade

Sep 1, 2006
Gat-Ku Polespears presents the 1st annual Gat-Ku Polespear Tournament on Saturday
October 7, 2006 in beautiful San Diego. This spearfishing meet is OPEN TO EVERYONE. FREEDIVING ONLY. Let’s put away our high tech Riffes, Wongs, Rob-Allens and custom bazookas for a fun day of diving back to where all of our original roots lie in this great sport of spearfishing – the traditional way, pole spearing!

Trophies will be awarded to first, second, and third place. First place also receives a 6 foot, 2-piece polespear compliments of GAT-KU.

SEE ATTACHMENT FOR DETAILS (Adobe)

Any questions?
Call Dustin at (619) 507-3860
or email at gatkudiving@yahoo.com

Attachments

• REGISTRATION_Form_2006_Gat_Ku_Polespear_Tournament_1_.pdf
    129.7 KB · Views: 204
GAT-KU polespears:martial

Attachments

• GAT 3.jpg
    GAT 3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 157
  • GAT 2.jpg
    GAT 2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 169
  • GAT 1.jpg
    GAT 1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 163
If you are planning on registering before the 25th of Sept, a T-shirt is included. Be sure tolet me know if your shirt size is any other than large or X-large by then. Thanks.
-Dustin McIntyre

Hi,

I'm thinking about signing up. I wanted to clear something up first tho - it says there's a 10 fish limit - Does that mean all 10 fish will be weighted in and the points added up to determine the winner? Ie, if I bring a couple of 15-pound yellowtails, and somebody brings in ten 4-pound Calicos, he's going to get 120 points versus my 90 points? I'm not crazy about the idea of having to pole 10 fish when I only want to take one or two.

I also like to bleed my fish as soon as possible for the best meat - How much weight do you suppose is lost when that is done? Would that seriously hurt my scores?

Thanks,

-Blesum

Blesum said:
Hi,

I'm thinking about signing up. I wanted to clear something up first tho - it says there's a 10 fish limit - Does that mean all 10 fish will be weighted in and the points added up to determine the winner? Ie, if I bring a couple of 15-pound yellowtails, and somebody brings in ten 4-pound Calicos, he's going to get 120 points versus my 90 points? I'm not crazy about the idea of having to pole 10 fish when I only want to take one or two.

I also like to bleed my fish as soon as possible for the best meat - How much weight do you suppose is lost when that is done? Would that seriously hurt my scores?

Thanks,

-Blesum

Blesum,
I wouldn't worry about the bleeding weight being too far from the prebleeding weight. This is so insignificant that it would usually never mean the difference between winning and loosing a tournament.
Secondly, there is a two-species limit. So, there is no need to worry about someone comming in to weigh 10 calicos.
Good luck Blesum, and I hope to see you there!

The question has been asked, 'Will other species of bass (spotted) and cabezon, sculpin also count? YES, they will fall in the 3pt/lb cateory with others. Remember, DFG rules apply there and there is a 2 fish per species limit. I hope to see you there at the competition!
-Dustin McIntyrerofl

Registration by the 25th is required for a t-shirt. Design is on the press. Check it out here!

Attachments

• 06 GAT-KU tournament Tshirt.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 171
Only a few are officially registered! Remember, registration needs to be in by the 25th to receive the T-shirt. Also, all registrations include one raffle ticket towards the 8-foot GAT-KU polespear! Get those forms in!:friday

Only one more week to register to qualify for a T-shirt. Make sure you get those forms in!
-Dustin

Maybe I'm just really dense but let's look at same old rule again - Somebody has a better chance of getting more points by killing 10 fish right?

If so, I really don't like the idea of killing 10 fish. I'd only want to keep/eat 1 or 2. Can something be set up so that remainder will be cooked up and fed to the homeless or something? Just an idea. That'd make me more likely to sign up.

-Blesum

Blesum said:
Maybe I'm just really dense but let's look at same old rule again - Somebody has a better chance of getting more points by killing 10 fish right?

If so, I really don't like the idea of killing 10 fish. I'd only want to keep/eat 1 or 2. Can something be set up so that remainder will be cooked up and fed to the homeless or something? Just an idea. That'd make me more likely to sign up.

-Blesum

Good point,
Yes, someone can technically weigh in 10 fish. This is something we may reconsider next year. If you do end up killing more than you need, I'll take em. I can freeze fish for up to 7 months fresh. My wife and I always have the freezer stocked with all sorts of fish. Thanks.
-Dustin

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT