• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pool comp. in Paris (19th March)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hey Remi - great result! You won't be so lonely in Nice. We'll be out there - and I'll need someone to help with my French.

You must be very pleased :) ( With your result, I mean )

I am very pleased you 2 come as well, of course :)
did you send the application form yet?
my french is a bit rusty these days, I hope I can help :duh

Sam, going as well? someone else?

Last edited:
Yep, sent application form, medical, proof of money transfer ( the transfer cost more than the entry! ), and proof of AIDA membership.

Hi Remi
I almost definitely will be in Nice too. I haven't entered yet as I was trying to find a cheaper way of getting the euros to francois!

if anyone has worked that out (my plan is to get some and post them!) let me know

s

Sorry Guys I should have asked you before to do my transfer. I had the same problem £18 to transfer €20. So I asked my father to do a transfer from France.
I did not think about asking you if you wanted me to pay for you... but I just had a look at the web site, and the only one registered yet is Mark.... So something must have been wrong with it...
I need to see with Francois....
I think he really does not want a cheque, don't know why.

Bank Transfer is definitely not the way to do it. Lloyds charged me £20 at this end, and 10 Euros at the French end. So even if you post 2 lots of Euros in separate envelopes and one gets lost - that still works out cheaper. I only sent it because I'd spent half an hour queuing up / filling out the form, and I was getting worried that the spaces would get taken.

I think you can do a banker's draft, although it takes a while to clear.

I've booked my flight so definitely will go - got a friend living in Paris, I will ask him to send or wire some euros for me and pay him back I think

isn't it crazy that we can't wire the money free from the UK? As far as I know most European continental bank accounts let you wire money anywhere in the world using electronic banking and no huge fees and we have to queue for hours and pay a fortune..

still, looking forward to it

S

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT