• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Portland/Weymouth spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fieldy

Jul 13, 2013
I am looking for advice/guide to marks around Portland & Weymouth. I have been diving off West Bay & Eype for the last few years but with the cliff colapse the vis has been dreadful.Devon &Cornwall great but looking for somewhere closer to home. if any of you sperios can share your experience with me or meet for a weekend dive it would be much apreciated.

I am looking for advice/guide to marks around Portland & Weymouth. I have been diving off West Bay & Eype for the last few years but with the cliff colapse the vis has been dreadful.Devon &Cornwall great but looking for somewhere closer to home. if any of you sperios can share your experience with me or meet for a weekend dive it would be much apreciated.
Are you diving this weekend? I need a buddy if you are up for it

Nige, i am exploring Ringstead at the monent & planning an early trip on Sunday morning hoping to get down for 7am. do you want to join me or do you have any favorite marks on the east of Portland, I have not beenbrave enough to cbance the tides there without some one who knows them. Mk

Nige, i am exploring Ringstead at the monent & planning an early trip on Sunday morning hoping to get down for 7am. do you want to join me or do you have any favorite marks on the east of Portland, I have not beenbrave enough to cbance the tides there without some one who knows them. Mk
I'd love to join you if that's okay. I've looked on Google Earth, where will I meet you?

Hi all.
I'm probably picking my spearing gear up from Weymouth on Saturday. (Long story). Anyone willing to share any easy entry local spots so I don't have a wasted trip from Manchester. I'll return the favour with some top spots in North Wales if you visit. Nothing too exciting needed but would love to get in the water.

cheers

Patrick

There are many places to go. I've only ever been around Portland bill but the hike down the coastal path is a lick. Also anywhere around the coast from Weymouth to Swanage. I know that's a broad answer but there is fish everywhere. It's just a matter of tracking down the better ones. I am from North Wales. Where is it you go? I want to give the Lleyn or Angelsea a go.

Take and safe diving

Nige.

Hi nige, thanks for the reply. if I go I'll try one of the beaches east of Weymouth. They look pretty easy access and good for an explore I reckon. Regarding Wales, the Lleyn and Anglesea are my stomping grounds, so feel free to pm me if you are in the area. They are both great fishing. I'll be basing our boat (yacht) up there this year along with a little dinghy so should be able to offer the odd trip out!

Last edited:
Hi all.
I'm probably picking my spearing gear up from Weymouth on Saturday. (Long story). Anyone willing to share any easy entry local spots so I don't have a wasted trip from Manchester. I'll return the favour with some top spots in North Wales if you visit. Nothing too exciting needed but would love to get in the water.

cheers

Patrick

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT