• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Portuguese Cuttlefish with Beans

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

MCerieiro

Sep 25, 2007
Portuguese Cuttlefish with Beans (Feijoada de Choco)

Ingredients:

Cuttlefish (1,5kg)
Chorizo (1)
White Beans (3 cans of +- 0,8 kgs)
2 Potatoes
1 carrot
Tomatoes (+- 0,5kg)
Onions (1 big)
Garlic (2)
Bay Leaf (1)
Olive Oil
White wine (1/2 of a small glass)
Salt
Corianders

Preparation:

Clean the cuttlefish and slice it in small peaces. Also slice the chorizo in
thin slices.
Peel the onion (choose a big one) and cut them in small pieces, as well as
the garlic.
Combine onions, garlic and olive oil in a pan, and let it cook for about 3
minutes. Then put the potatoes and the carrot, that you already cut in small
peaces (the potatoes are only to thicken the sauce), and let it cook for 2
or 3 minutes.
Put the cuttlefish and the chorizo and let it cook for a few minutes. Add
the white wine. Then, put the tomatoes (sliced in small pieces), and let it
cook a few minutes. Add the water that comes inside the beans can's. If this
water is not enough, put some more (you only have to cover the cuttlefish).
Let it cook for about 30 minutes (it depends on the cuttlefish).
Almost at the end (five minutes before) put the white beans and the
corianders.

Bom Apetite!

Damn that looks delicious, and here's me stuck on site with cooks who struggle to cook a regular carrot...

I've tried a couple of Marco's recipes in the past and they have been without fail excellent. So if I'm cooking them and getting good results I can only imagine what Marco's food must taste like with his skill and better quality ingredients

mmm i love feijoada, ate loads of it when i went to Lisbon - great recipe thanks Marco.

I've tried a couple of Marco's recipes in the past and they have been without fail excellent. So if I'm cooking them and getting good results I can only imagine what Marco's food must taste like with his skill and better quality ingredients

Pastor you are too kind...i must say that my skills aren't that great i simply follow some old Portuguese recipes!

mmm i love feijoada, ate loads of it when i went to Lisbon - great recipe thanks Marco.

Oh...you have been in Lisbon! Did you visit Cascais? Have you dive over here?

Marco,
This looks great! I can't wait to cook this. I love to cook and I'm always looking for new recipes. I'm going out tommorrow, if I see a cuttlefish.....it's on the menu. I see in the pictures little bits of green, what is this? Thank you also for the pictures so I can reference the size I need to cube the vegetables. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
Alex.

I can't believe how timely this is. I've got a couple of packages of squid in the frizzer and they're really too small to make decent calimari fritti. This is a god-send . . . or at least a Marco-send!

Hi Alex, hope you like the "Feijoada", as for little bits of green its corianders.

Cheers,
Marco

I cooked this the other day. Its a great recipe, and VERY tasty. I used a smaller Cuttle, so I halved the ingrediants, but it still made enough for two people with large appitites. Great food + wine + sunny evening = Good times. :friday

Awesomw--a little hard crusty bread, sunset bye--I'm in the mood NOW. :inlove By the way, in Texas chorizo is a soft red ground sausage in tubes or skin. Usually scrambled into eggs or potatoes. Sometimes heated, put on top of melted white cheese & flamed with high octane tequilla called Queso Flamiado. What is the Portugese chorizo like?

Coming dear....:t

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…