• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Post Dive Perfection

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

cdavis

Jan 21, 2003
Picture this:

You are in the Bahamas, the boat anchored in a gorgeous, uninhabited cove with a long, long, white sand beach, stretching out for a mile or more. You've been diving all day in super clear, warm water, 40-90 ft coral covered ledges, supper done and put away. Its time for your favorite beverage, but that long, long beach is calling. Out of the boat, swim ashore and start walking. Warm setting sun on your back, cool breeze playing over your chest, no footprints on the beach, small fish playing in the tiniest hint of a swell that is finding its way through the reef, rippling on the shore. Near horizontal sun rays bringing out things on the beach that you never see otherwise.

Perfection.

Last edited:
Then open your eyes and see this:

You are at work, the bike standing outside in the bike rack with no other bike around. You've been working all day, rain lashing onto the windows of your office, grey clouds covering the sky. It's time for another cup of coffee, but you home is calling. Out of the office, a wet bike ride home and start ascending the stairs. The apartment is empty, clothes lying on the floor, waiting to be washed and a daddy longleg that crawls through the dust in the corner. Switching on the light brings out the dirty dishes on the counter.

Routine.

SCNR :)

Very much agree with that, at least there's pool training tonight. Doesn't quite compare to the Bahamas, but better than nothing.

picture this:

cleaning the fish on the shore, right in the surf. Grey, rather snotty-green clouds, frigid cold water, strong breeze, seagulls, and cliff right above. But, spearo doesn't feel cold, he is rather completely immersed into the environment, connected. He is relaxed and happy, water was clear, and his catch is a beauty. There will be almost a mile hike to his truck, hot shover and barbequed dinner (fish of course) and his homemade wine. And a nice cigar on a porch, with a view of a majestic Pacific ocean and British Columbian mountains. Snow caps and all. But that will be later, right now he is cleaning his catch...

Reactions: aquacat8
Sounds good!

I've done one week worth of diving on your coast (northern Vancouver Island) and can truly picture the scene. Gorgeous place and fascinating diving.

Leave the sea on to the shingle, fins off, sit down on the beach and take it all in, the sky with hopefully the sun to say hello as it reflects off the sea like sheets of glass, maybe gulls coming to see what's what and pass on their regards. A breeze chilling my hands now the gloves are off and maybe a passing stranger either asking me about spearfishing or keeping their distance looking at my beard, thinking I am some kind of half arsed amphibious terrorist, who knows!? A final glance to the sea, a quick thank you and show of respect and then back to the car, eat my peanut butter sandwich and bananas and then back home to be welcomed by my forever happy dog and a sweet, strong cup of coffee. So simple but so blessed, cant be bad now can it ;)

Reactions: aquacat8
this is unexpectedly developing into an interesting thread.

Thanks

Picture this:

You are in the Bahamas, the boat anchored in a gorgeous, uninhabited cove with a long, long, white sand beach, stretching out for a mile or more. You've been diving all day in super clear, warm water, 40-90 ft coral covered ledges, supper done and put away. Its time for your favorite beverage, but that long, long beach is calling. Out of the boat, swim ashore and start walking. Warm setting sun on your back, cool breeze playing over your chest, no footprints on the beach, small fish playing in the tiniest hint of a swell that is finding its way through the reef, rippling on the shore. Near horizontal sun rays bringing out things on the beach that you never see otherwise.

Perfection.
This is really inspirational. A true perfection indeed! You made me want to go diving. :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT