• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Powerboat Handling Course

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
something a little different...

I am planning on doing a Powerboat Handler Level 2 course in November down at Fathom and Blues in Weymouth

http://www.fathomandblues.co.uk/rya-courses.htm

anyone else fancy it? £230 for the weekend - you get to learn how to race around in boats safely, practise picking up "divers", man overboard drill, basic navigation and sea safety

Not really sure why I am doing it, just thought it would be a laugh, good fun and maybe I can take you all out in my dad's boat for some freediving next summer if I have this under my belt.

Something different for the autumn? Let me know if you are interested.

S

Sorry to keep barging in on saltfree
Done this course, well worth it I thought, fun too

good grief girl! where the hell were you when i lived in the UK?? i was bored shls most weekends and all the people i worked with just went to the pub

well you know... only live once and all that....... and I hate smokey pubs.

samdive said:
well you know... only live once and all that....... and I hate smokey pubs.

hear hear smoking totally repulses me
i would even turn down FB if he had a cigarette in his hand! rofl

i want to try and make it out to the UK next summer for Womad 2006... will definitely bring the fins and might invest in a cuddly Elios... and participate in whatever you've got going on!

Womad? Really? I went to a couple of womads back in the mid eighties, Brilliant but I did have a fag in my mouth rofl

Alison said:
Womad? Really? I went to a couple of womads back in the mid eighties, Brilliant but I did have a fag in my mouth rofl

i went every year when i lived in teh UK... loved it!! but i admit, i did smoke but.... not cigarettes!!!

island_sands said:
i went every year when i lived in teh UK... loved it!! but i admit, i did smoke
rofl rofl rofl You hypocrite!!! rofl rofl rofl Nor me whoops

been to Womad once - bit too "world" for me - more of a Glasto girl myself!

and there might have been a smoke in my mouth but it was NOT a cigarette!

(and not these healthy days, just buckets of cider)

Reactions: Alison
Like a bit of a thrash myself louder the better but I'm a good girl now

back to business - anyone want to do a powerboat course?

(loud music optional, spliffs probably not a good idea!)

I'll stick to sails and paddles ! engines are only for getting in and out of harbour !

OK apparently we should do this in Falmouth - my folks live down there so we could put some people up if necessary - anyone keen? sometime mid/late November?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…