• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Powerboat Handling Course

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
something a little different...

I am planning on doing a Powerboat Handler Level 2 course in November down at Fathom and Blues in Weymouth

http://www.fathomandblues.co.uk/rya-courses.htm

anyone else fancy it? £230 for the weekend - you get to learn how to race around in boats safely, practise picking up "divers", man overboard drill, basic navigation and sea safety

Not really sure why I am doing it, just thought it would be a laugh, good fun and maybe I can take you all out in my dad's boat for some freediving next summer if I have this under my belt.

Something different for the autumn? Let me know if you are interested.

S

Sorry to keep barging in on saltfree :eek:
Done this course, well worth it I thought, fun too :)

samdive said:
Not really sure why I am doing it, just thought it would be a laugh, good fun and maybe I can take you all out in my dad's boat for some freediving next summer if I have this under my belt.

Something different for the autumn? Let me know if you are interested.

S

good grief girl! where the hell were you when i lived in the UK?? i was bored shls most weekends and all the people i worked with just went to the pub :D

well you know... only live once and all that....... and I hate smokey pubs.

samdive said:
well you know... only live once and all that....... and I hate smokey pubs.

hear hear smoking totally repulses me
i would even turn down FB if he had a cigarette in his hand! rofl

i want to try and make it out to the UK next summer for Womad 2006... will definitely bring the fins and might invest in a cuddly Elios... and participate in whatever you've got going on!

Womad? Really? I went to a couple of womads back in the mid eighties, Brilliant :D but I did have a fag in my mouth rofl

island_sands said:
hear hear smoking totally repulses me
i would even turn down FB if he had a cigarette in his hand! rofl

i want to try and make it out to the UK next summer for Womad 2006... will definitely bring the fins and might invest in a cuddly Elios... and participate in whatever you've got going on!

Alison said:
Womad? Really? I went to a couple of womads back in the mid eighties, Brilliant :D but I did have a fag in my mouth rofl

i went every year when i lived in teh UK... loved it!! but i admit, i did smoke but.... not cigarettes!!! :eek:

island_sands said:
i went every year when i lived in teh UK... loved it!! but i admit, i did smoke :eek:
rofl rofl rofl You hypocrite!!! rofl rofl rofl Nor me whoops

been to Womad once - bit too "world" for me - more of a Glasto girl myself!

and there might have been a smoke in my mouth but it was NOT a cigarette!

(and not these healthy days, just buckets of cider)

Reactions: Alison
back to business - anyone want to do a powerboat course?

(loud music optional, spliffs probably not a good idea!)

I'll stick to sails and paddles ! engines are only for getting in and out of harbour !

OK apparently we should do this in Falmouth - my folks live down there so we could put some people up if necessary - anyone keen? sometime mid/late November?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT