• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Prawny type starter

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Alison

Mar 6, 2004
Really easy and really tasty :) Ideally use something like prawns if you can get them, or monkfish, octopus etc

Need

• 500g Large Prawns
  • 40g butter
  • Bunch of Chopped fresh Parsely
  • 3 Cloves of Garlic
  • 150ml white wine
To make
  1. Melt the butter in a heavy pan
  2. Fry the prawns untill cooked (not long)
  3. Add the Parsely,garlic and fry for a further 20 seconds
  4. Add the wine and cook untill it boils and for a few more seconds
  5. Serve hot with lemon wedges

Last edited:
Reactions: Pastor
Make up a BIG batch and serve at a party with a keg on the side.

150ml of wine. 750ml bottle = 600ml to guzzle while it's cooking. I reckon I'll try this on Friday.

Flawed logic mate
You'll need another bottle to drink when you eat it.
What am I talking about? Im over yours on friday :D

Hi Alison
Too busy Friday to try your prawny style starter but cooked it on Monday night.
Very tasty. I'm a lazy cook so I only cook anything fast.
I forgot the lemon wedges tho' but the prawns, wine and juices poured over rice, yum.
Sorry Pastor, only decided to cook it at the last minute so couldn't give you enough notice to drop over.
I had to watch the wine consumption before I cooked it to make sure I had 150ml left over for the prawns. Scraped in with 1/2mm to spare.
Thanks for that.
Poida

That sounds rally tasty.
Alison, do you cut the prawns into parts? How big are the prawns?

Glad you liked it Poida :)
Sea-wolf, Ive only tried it with Tiger prawns (40 - 50 mm) I would leave them whole, even if they are quite large (75mm)

Reactions: sea-wolf
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT