• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

problem dissassembling mares

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

cleaner11111

Oct 2, 2009
Hi,

I´ve been trying to dissasemble an old mares pneumatic speargun, that is leaking, since it hasn´t been used in about 10 years. I have searched on the internet, and as far as i can tell, you should be able to unscrew the inlet valve body at the back of the gun. but for some reason with the model i have that doesn´t seem to be the case. this model doesn´t has the holes to unscrew it with a big screwdriver. i have tried to unscrew with a chissle, but no success.

has anybody had this problem ? Any help greatly appreciated.

here are some pics

Last edited:
Check this thread [ame=http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=108124]Mares Californian Old - handle removal HELP - Spearboard Spearfishing Community[/ame], similar situation.

thanks popgun pete, seems like the same problem. that thread is fairly recent. i will try and pm the guy to see if he was able to solve it.

Hi cleaner I am able to completely service one of this speargun. You cannot open the back valve without doing something else before, otherwise you brake the handle .

hey gizzo, thanks for the reply. i´m in venezuela and there aren´t really any places to service the speargun. would really appreciate some guidance regarding the dissasembling, either posting here or sending me a pm.

brgds,
cleaner11111

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…