• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Problem with brand new carbon fibre fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

riskmas7er

May 7, 2013
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a pair of brand new carbon fibre blades and haven't used them yet. However, I noticed that there are a lot of little holes/cavities on the surface of the blades (photos attached). I would like to hear some of your thoughts- do you think that these imperfections will affect the performance and probably get bigger as I start using the blades in the ocean? Do you think they will increase the probability of the blades snapping? DSC03406.JPG DSC03407.JPG DSC03408.JPG

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a pair of brand new carbon fibre blades and haven't used them yet. However, I noticed that there are a lot of little holes/cavities on the surface of the blades (photos attached). I would like to hear some of your thoughts- do you think that these imperfections will affect the performance and probably get bigger as I start using the blades in the ocean? Do you think they will increase the probability of the blades snapping?View attachment 52073 View attachment 52074 View attachment 52075

There are similar holes on the Pathos Abyss, and it is explained in the link below:
http://www.apneapassion.com/equipment/dossier-and-xrays/pathos-abyss-fins-the-ultralight/

I don't know if this is the case with your fins, that looks a bit different than the little holes on the Pathos fins. It looks kind of sloppy productions wise with that long "crevasse" or what to call it under the sticker.

Have you contacted C4 to see what they have to say about it?

Pathos vs. C4
images_Pathos_ZoomPalaImperfezioni.jpg

DSC03406.jpg

The holes are much bigger than the ones on the Pathos blades. Anyone who has the same issue with C4 blades? C4 stated the holes are only aesthetic imperfections.

I have C4 falcons, there is a patch on one blade with a few small holes in the epoxy coating. Looks like aesthetics to me and not too worried about it.
Attached photo:
81c82bec5d0d291656902792a2011eb0.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT