• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Public apnea...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

naiad

Apnea Carp
Supporter
Oct 11, 2003
About a week ago I was on a train journey, and I did my usual thing of holding my breath between stations. At first the train was almost empty, so there wasn't anyone sitting near me. Then it stopped at a station which was very crowded, with the platform full of people, and they started getting on the train. I held my breath again and the train started moving.

Suddenly I noticed an interesting fact. Although the train was packed with people, nobody went anywhere near me. All the free space in the rest of the carriage was full of people standing, but there were four empty seats next to me, and they remained empty for some time.

Was it just chance? Did people think I was travel sick, and keep their distance? Had I done one of my infamous LMCs, and not noticed?

I was trying to make it as unnoticeable as possible.

Maybe I've found a new way to get some space for myself at rush hour! :hmm

Lucia

Ha ha! I think that when you are holding your breath, there must be some sort of subtle (or not so subtle) strain or stress showing, that they can't pin down, and this might make them uncomfortable...they may not realize you are only holding your breath.

Adrian

I am sure I could do the same with much less effort. Mind you, I would have to eat beans for breakfast. :t

lol..wow..yeah i think you might be on to something, getting some training in as well as having your own space on the traing!!
although people on trains i find can be very odd sometimes. i read somewhere that in one train(not sure if it was in the states/uk or what..but supposedly two people were engaging in "intimate" actions, and no one said anything, but when they went to light "post action" cigs, they were reported and fined by police..

haha..i guess them thinkin you had motion sickness and were just makin sure they got off the train as clean as when they got on..

Another reason for train apnea...

I was on a train this week, unfortunately not holding my breath, when someone launched a silent but deadly fart. Next time I'll be prepared... some packing at the previous station could help me avoid situations like that.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT