• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pure Apnea Vs IANTD for a beginner

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DHemer

Feb 10, 2016
I am new to freediving and have decided that the next step for me is to get training.

There are both Pure Apnea and IANTD courses available in my city so I was hoping to find some more information about the differences.

Pure Apnea seems popular in South Africa with a number of instructors.

I could find very little info about the IANTD course other than an old post on this forum about them licensing training materials. The instructor is a prominent spear fisherman, something I'm not that interested in doing.

I am leaning towards the Pure Apnea course as it seems more modern, more likely to have the latest information.

My goals are to be able to dive 10-20m reefs for recreational/ photography purposes.

I did Pure Apnea course, in Czech republic (quite far from South Africa) and I can only recommend. Way, we were taught, and the materials were great. Now I'm preparing for level 3.
From what I read (or was told), limits for Pure Apnea are stricter.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…