• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

question,are you diving and fishing also?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hola mundial.. have you seen our fishing and photos forum..?
[ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/forumdisplay.php?f=55"]Fish, Photos and Regulations[/ame]
and hunting
[ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/forumdisplay.php?f=51"]Hunting[/ame]
where you can meet all our keen spearos and fishermen...

hi sara i ment not just spearfishing , fishing with rods and so :)
i have seen allmost all the nice photos here

Hiya

Used to be CRAZY about fishing, until one day i decided to see whats happening UNDER the water!!!! :D

The only time i now go fishing is when the weather is really bad for diving. We also use incorporate fishing in our spearfishing tactics. This is very helpfull for spearing Yellowtail Kingfish in dirty water. The tend to not be very inquisitive when the water is dirty. A guy (normally me!!!) spins with a spoon from the boat, casting towards birds which are working on the baitfish. The fish then follows the spoon, back to the boat where your divers are patiently waiting!!! ;)

Other than that, i've gone through the whole bit, from freshwater fishing for Carp, Barbel, Trout (not very good with a fly-rod though!!) to estuary to Rock & Surf to Boat to Blue Water. My favourite is still fighting YF Tuna on 30lb Stand-up tackle. A 50-60kg fish will take about 30minutes to land and a 70-80kg fish, anything from 1-3 hours!!! HUGE fun!!!

Check:
[ame]http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=50521[/ame]
some fishing we did a couple of months back with handlines!!

Regards
miles

used to rod and reel fish daily - not so much since I started spearfishing. still fun to do a little casting between dives

I will happily fish and hunt both on land and in the water . . . if I can ever figure out how to make a pig take a lure! :D

Love to go fishing but am very much out of touch with it presently, learnt it as a child from my grandad mostly. Soon as I overcame my fear of things as a child and got into the water, I abandoned my rod and nets in favour of diving from there on in. I did a couple of night sessions for bass last Summer, casting from the beach which was nice, didn't land any but one or two others did. I still do a little trawling for mackerel and bass during the Summer too but 90% of the time is devoted to dives between scuba and spearing.

Nice pics :cool:

I love to go fishing with my husband. Once we have finalized our move I plan to go alot. I have never been fishing in salt water and i am anxious to try. But as I said in another thread, the only thing I want to get with my bare hands or even a net is a floridian lobster!

Have fun and enjoy!

Tina

Hmmm, I've worked for people like that. The temptation was always to attach a wallet to a string tied to a grenade with the pin pulled after it was stuffed in a tin can. That sort of thing was very popular in Viet Nam. But of course I wouldn't suggest that someone so pretty would do something so dastardly. You ought to leave it to those of us to whom it comes naturally. :martial

holy sh1.. !!

Attach a wallet to a string tied to a grenade with the pin pulled after it was stuffed in a tin can??

oh man, you shouldn't tell a conspiracist like me those things... i am too scared to press on "on" button on my laptop now... :eek:

mustangmermaid said:
I love to go fishing with my husband. Once we have finalized our move I plan to go alot. I have never been fishing in salt water and i am anxious to try. But as I said in another thread, the only thing I want to get with my bare hands or even a net is a floridian lobster!

Have fun and enjoy!

Tina

well fishing in florida is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!
especially go troling like in one of my photos here
http://forums.nrg.co.il/index.php?show=6319
i know that you are gonna get your lobster....try down illhamorada or key-west
eyal

Oldsarge said:
I will happily fish and hunt both on land and in the water . . . if I can ever figure out how to make a pig take a lure! :D

Or get your .375H&H to shoot under water! damn that would be fun.... :ko

would give new meaning to AI. Aquatic Improved :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT