• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

RA Hawaiian Muzzle

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dolphinxtc

Jun 25, 2002
does anyone know about the hawaiian muzzle for the RA gun.
Because with the normal muzzle the shaft falls to the side of the rail and causes big missed shots. One has to constantly chech to see the shaft is still in place!
Knowing a hawaiian muzzle wraps the line around the top of the shaft onto the muzzle and keeps the shaft perfectly in place.
This hawaiian muzzle might be the answer I have been looking for.
Does any one agree or care to comment on their experience with RA or other names.
Thanks
Alex

Bluewaterhunter.com & hanapaahawaii.com both sell them.
HANA PA'S website has a photo of them.
The thing is though, you lose the in line tracking of the bands, similar to the Riffes. Not to mention the RA has such a good reputation for accuracy.
A good note about the Hawaiian nozzle is that you can easily add new bands and or replace old ones.
Good Luck.:hmm :D
Hamrrhed
N. CAL

Hawaiian style

hey thanks hammrrhead,
I didn't really think off it that way of accuracy and tracking, I only though the rubber might push down the shaft more to the barre and slow down or create more noise.
I'll have to tough it out and think of proper carrying the gun strait.
Or I might put tooth picks in the muzzle to stabilize the shaft into place.

Dolphinxtc,
A little off the subject, but what are the regs like for spearfishing in Aruba?
Ive had the chance to visit in the past and an opportunity may becoming up to visit again. :D
Thanks
Hamrrhed

muzzle

I think it seems rob allen shaves off part of the outher part of the opening off to facilitate putting back in the shaft, but this lefts the shaft fall side to side. Not to "versiltile " this part. I think he shaves it because when I look at it , it seems so.
When running after markeler fish it hard to keep your gun totally strait. And then still check if it 's in place.

About Aruba. It's shame . The politicians have made a mess of it.
It's unclear. An unclear position by government and other entities.
Even when it was totally legal some idiot shovenistic discrimating immigration officials did and could just dicide to say or think "it's illigal. This attitude also brought about further problems.

If you are visiting I would suggest not to go thrue the hassle of bringing your own gun I would just bring all the other stuff.

The first law said basically-no coral fish..... Mind thou the dump people that bring down this great sport and living.

So pelagic is okay.

Now , the second law that says, no fish at all and no gun at home or import. This law passed thrue only the parlement not yet The "staten" which is a ratifing and conrolling body. So this law cannot be inforced. Besides that it was quickly written and is not complete.

It seems the is no law against import. Says the immagration.
And some say if the goverment wants us to stop spearfishing and making a living the should compensate us, says a public worker involved in this contol.
We are fishing without any problem.
The insane part is that: our constition: the first this it says is goverment may not discriminate on how one choose to his work or life. For example fishing with line or gun. You know all long as you do not harm any person or thing.

The new half law against spearfishing pelagic fish comes from nabouring Island like Bonaire and Curacao. It seems like a domino effect.
They base there law on that by hunting pelagics you are damageing corals. Rediculous!!
It seems goverment is letting us do our thing but they do not have the brain cells to protect individual right and clearing up the subject. Just because there is no money involved!!! All governments are CURRUPT!!
Alex
Hammerd' let me know

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT