• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rabitech Or Rob Allen????

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks for all the responses guys, never knew I was so popular :wave .

Scott,
When I do finally lay down the cash, do you think I could order one of those brackets? I have a reel mounted horizontally on my Aspic 100 and like the way it feels, barely notice the reel is there.

Eric,
I'll check the website and make the decision on RA or Rabi later. Thanks for the info.

Ulua,
Sent you a pm and email. I can always use more dive partners. The guys at the Y are all good guys just a little suspicious and tend to guard their spots. Can't say I blame them as most divers do the same. I have known some of them for years and have yet to dive with them. Anyway look me up and we'll hit it.

Brad

Last edited:
Reactions: Murat
Brad,

Here's a pic of my setup. It's kind of expensive to have made and mounted ($45) and then shipping of the gun there and back on top of that but because I'm real anal about my gear being perfect, I cough it up. I have this setup on both a 110 and 120 as well. When the time comes, if you're still interested, I'll give you contact info for the guy who does it for me.

Eric,

Don't get me wrong, I'd take a Rabi over any other Euro style gun made (excluding RA of course) any day of the week. Like you, I say RA and Rabi are the best, I just prefer the guns in the opposite order than you do. You are also right about the price. That's the reason I tried the Apex in the 1st place. I was able to get the carbon Apex for about the same price as an aluminum RA of the same size so I figured I’d give it a try. I used to get RAs for $100-$110. That's probably why I own 6 of them. But now they're $300 ($281 + tax - absolutely ridiculous!!!!!) so now I recycle parts and build new guns by just buying the barrels ($30).

And yes, I would love to have a new, non-rusting trigger for my Rabi when they come in. Thank you.

Scott

Attachments

• reel_mount_shrunk.JPG
    reel_mount_shrunk.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 224
Which Rabitech are you considering - they seem to have 2 ranges: Stealth or Apex? (Contributors: Which do you use/prefer?)

Some contributors mentioned Rabitech's being cheaper than Rob Allen (in HI, USA/FL, USA?). That was not my experience in Europe, Rabitech seem to be very expensive and hard to find (Finland? 22% VAT!).

[BTW RA have a couple of fancy new lightweight reels, just came out]

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT