• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rabitech Speargun Stealth X roller gun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Interesting. 100cm option too. Carbon barrel? Expensive (for a Taiwanese speargun with washing line hardware :D). Would be more interesting at half that price.

Interesting. 100cm option too. Carbon barrel? Expensive (for a Taiwanese speargun with washing line hardware :D). Would be more interesting at half that price.
carbon and aluminum (depending on where you buy it)
i think it is just the normal rabitech speargun just with a roller muzzle put on it, one website from south Africa has it and has a normal muzzle on a gun that looks exactly the same
heres the link https://divetek.co.za/product-category/spearguns/

Reactions: Mr. X
I don't own one myself but shot some of the initial prototypes as they were busy developing them and even in a version one or two of the roller muzzle design were very potent.

A buddy of mine uses the carbon barrelled version. Like most roller guns it seems they are pretty sensitive to setup (band length etc). So after some initial setup and tweaking we went spearfishing this weekend and after throwing his stinger full of fish onto the boat his only comment was that he just can't miss... so I'd say that's pretty positive :)

I don't own one myself but shot some of the initial prototypes as they were busy developing them and even in a version one or two of the roller muzzle design were very potent.

A buddy of mine uses the carbon barrelled version. Like most roller guns it seems they are pretty sensitive to setup (band length etc). So after some initial setup and tweaking we went spearfishing this weekend and after throwing his stinger full of fish onto the boat his only comment was that he just can't miss... so I'd say that's pretty positive :)
Hey land shark
Did he have to change much or was he customising it a bit? Is it as good quality as the other rabitech gear? Sounds good so far though thanks for your help

Hey land shark
Did he have to change much or was he customising it a bit? Is it as good quality as the other rabitech gear? Sounds good so far though thanks for your help

Initially he felt the gun shot high so he replaced the rubbers after which he felt it shot a bit low again and so he shortened the new set a tiny bit. Judging by the shot placement this weekend it seems he found the sweet spot.

For sure the quality is very good. Rabitech's guns have been going through a constant evolution and one can see that in the latest renditions. All the components seem have been bumped up a notch in terms of quality.

One complaint some of the guys have is the buoyancy of the roller pipe guns - and it's not just Rabitech. Because you now have shorter roller guns with more components doing the same job as longer normal band guns they tend to be less buoyant which means that you have to fight the gun in order to keep it on a level aiming plane.

We were discussing it this weekend on the way back from diving and I actually just got back from Rabitech where Louis showed me a prototype cuttle fish shaped floatation aid which may be added to the gun in order to add buoyancy. So look out for that, it should be a good addition if you decide to go for one of his guns.

Hey thanks heaps for that, been really helpful
Over here in Aus I can only find one dealer for this gun so may have to buy from sa
Works out cheaper any how

I like Rabitech ( staff member Miles used to use them) so interesting to read quality is, if anything, getting even better.

Even my regular RA railgun was tip-heavy; I stuck a cork in the muzzle to give it a little more buoyancy. With a roller it must be very tip heavy.

Good to hear that it was accurate, rollers are often used for increased power but the near elimination of recoil is a significant benefit too.

Yeah, I like the idea of less recoil but worried that when I take it need the reefs and deal with smaller fish like whiting it will shred them

Initially he felt the gun shot high so he replaced the rubbers after which he felt it shot a bit low again and so he shortened the new set a tiny bit. Judging by the shot placement this weekend it seems he found the sweet spot.

For sure the quality is very good. Rabitech's guns have been going through a constant evolution and one can see that in the latest renditions. All the components seem have been bumped up a notch in terms of quality.

One complaint some of the guys have is the buoyancy of the roller pipe guns - and it's not just Rabitech. Because you now have shorter roller guns with more components doing the same job as longer normal band guns they tend to be less buoyant which means that you have to fight the gun in order to keep it on a level aiming plane.

We were discussing it this weekend on the way back from diving and I actually just got back from Rabitech where Louis showed me a prototype cuttle fish shaped floatation aid which may be added to the gun in order to add buoyancy. So look out for that, it should be a good addition if you decide to go for one of his guns.
Sorry but another question is this gun (the stealth X railgun) https://divetek.co.za/product/rabitech-speargun-stealth-x-110cm-double-rubber/ the standard rabitech for SA, the ones from aus are black and orange:unsure::)

Yeah, I like the idea of less recoil but worried that when I take it need the reefs and deal with smaller fish like whiting it will shred them

It depends on what type of fish you target, conditions, visibility etc. but I think 80cm roller will make a nice all-round reef gun. In saying that, if Whiting is the exclusive target species then the roller may be a bit of an overkill.

Last edited:
Yeah k, thanks for that
Whiting amongst the snapper and blue morwong and so on hopefully :D:p:D
Yeah k interesting, thanks for your help mate

Bear in mind that if you have to replace a busted band during a spearing trip it only takes seconds on a standard band gun with a slotted muzzle, whereas a rollergun takes somewhat longer and even more so for a cable rollergun aka an inverted rollergun as there are more things to changeover and disassemble.

ok thanks for that Pete
i was thinking of just going for the normal 110 stealth extreme for myself and then if i can safely get that over here than see if one of my mates wants the roller

Btw Pop gun pete, whats the shark population like where you hunt?
South Australias meant to have heaps and so their isnt many spearos, i alwasy thought their were heaps in South africa

There are plenty of sharks around, but fortunately they are well fed. When people start deliberately feeding them and the sharks associate divers directly with food, then there are problems as their initial hesitation and caution about us is thrown to the wind.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT