• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

rabitech stealth

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

doyenofcastle

Oct 30, 2012
Hi ,
I have 120 rabitech gun with 170cm shaft , 7mm ,2*16mm rubber aiming is not good

I want to adjust it i will use 150 cm and 7,5 shaft ,
rubber without change
i use it for 8m visibility
any recommendation?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

I would def keep it at 7mm. 7.5 is too much. 200 lb mono and consider using 2 14mm bands from Petros at spearamerica.com with the smaller ID. You can contact him directly for them, They have power like 16mm bands, but are thinner when stretched out, for better hydro dynamics, and produce less recoil. I recently switched to them and LOVE them.

Reactions: doyenofcastle
200 Ib vs 400Ib what is the difference other than strenght ?

thanks for advice
regarding lenght of shaft 120barrel 170 manufacture recomm. but i cant aim it go down .150 is ok ?

170 @ 7.5 is just too big and too long a shaft for a rail gun that small...a 7mm will work a lot better.

150cm will be perfect for it

Reactions: Gazz
When you say your aiming is not good, are you shooing high or low or just generally missing the mark?

Usually with too long a spear the gun will shoot low and visa versa, with too short a spear the gun will shoot high.

170 cm spear for a 120 rail gun sounds about right. The general rule of thumb on longer guns is the spear should protrude about 40 cm from the muzzle.

Of course all of this is personal and you will have to go and try it too see what works for you. If you have the opportunity firstly try out a 160 then a 150 spear in controlled environment with a set target and a set distance from the target. This will give you a good indication of where you are shooting and once you have it dialled provide you with the confidence that you know you will have good shot placement.

As of the spear width, this depends on what type of fish you normally target. If you are shooting big strong fish such as Yellowtail or GT's a thicker spear will come in handy.

Reactions: Mr. X
thanks very much for reply ,I just removed the 160 cm salvimar SS shark fin spear and use the old rabitech rusted steel notch spear 170 cm ,I shot like sniper !!! so stay on that and order new one without rust or I order 160 Rabitech shaft

I'm not familiar with Salvimar spears but think that if you found a spear that worked well then it's a good idea to stick to that.

Although not always available, Rabitech SA do stock stainless steel spears from time to time. When purchasing a new gun I always buy an extra SS spear. They are a bit more expensive and softer than the steel ones, but from a maintenance point of view much easier to manage.

As for the rusting, as with all Rob Allen spears (Rob Allen supplies / supplied Rabitech's spears) one has to quite vigilant with guarding against rust.

I've also been using Spearmaster's steel spears on some of my guns for some time now and so far they seem to be holding up very well. They seem to be quite rust resistant and are quite a bit harder than other spears available locally.

I 'D LIKE TO ADD SOMETHING AFTER GAIN FEW EXPERIENCE FOR 120 RABITECH THE SET UP IS BELOW:
7 MM SPRING STEEL ,2 *16 MM RUBBER CUT AT 315% ,THIS IS THE OPTIMUM ,ONCE YOU TRY TO CHANGE TO SS SPEAR YOU WILL BE OVERPOWERED UNLESS YOU USE 7.5MM SAME LENGTH

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT