• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Reason why I like Freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jon

Dairyland diver
Supporter
Apr 7, 2001
more than tec diving #1:

"I don't need a semi truck to carry my gear to the dive site." ;)

Jon

Last edited:
Wholley COW!!! How many dollar bills would you be taking with you underwater on one of those dives?? How much dry land weight???

I don't blame you a bit for switching to Freediving. I got sick of simple SCUBA and having to carry a single S90. Technical diving with that much gear would have killed me.

Jon said:
more than tec diving #1:

"I don't need a semi truck to carry my gear to the dive site." ;)

Jon

Nice shot of George :)

Last edited:
Is that George? I thought it was a shot of David Rhea on clean up?

The most I ever dragged were three 80's under my arm with a scooter, doubles, argon bottle and light cansiter. I can't even count how many bottles he has- plus, the RB 80 on his back.:head

Jon

Jon said:
Is that George? I thought it was a shot of David Rhea on clean up?

The most I ever dragged were three 80's under my arm with a scooter, doubles, argon bottle and light cansiter. I can't even count how many bottles he has- plus, the RB 80 on his back.:head

Jon

Second thought. Think your right. George has a much bigger head.rofl

Reactions: Jon
gman said:
Wholley COW!!! How many dollar bills would you be taking with you underwater on one of those dives??

I think they say the lead team carries about $35,000 each. Double RB-80's 3 scooters, etc. to start with. Yep. Love freediving.

Lol, My daughter and I are freebies on a wreck charter next week because we take pictures and don't take up any room :)

I would think that $35,000 sounds a little on the low side.

Aren't the rebreather about $7,000 a pop, and they use two plumed together. The scooters, long body style, are another $3,800 a piece. The dry suits are all of those Custom "cave cut" DUI TLS-305's, which I think run over $3,000 with the underwear. Add to that the HID canister light which I've seen run on EBay for close to $2,000. That's a pretty good sum and I haven't even add in a single regulator- and everyone of those dozen bottles has one on it- most with a brass SPG attached. Now add all of the little stuff like $100 back up lights, digital guages, compass, masks, back up masks, fins, spring straps, reels, spools, tools, lap tops, helium analyzers, 02 analyzers, video cameras, video lights, gas fills (big money) and a truck to drag it all there in!

Makes an F1 seem inexpensive and my new carbon fiber monofin down right cheap!

Jon

Jon said:
I would think that $35,000 sounds a little on the low side.

Aren't the rebreather about $7,000 a pop, and they use two plumed together. The scooters, long body style, are another $3,800 a piece. The dry suits are all of those Custom "cave cut" DUI TLS-305's, which I think run over $3,000 with the underwear. Add to that the HID canister light which I've seen run on EBay for close to $2,000. That's a pretty good sum and I haven't even add in a single regulator- and everyone of those dozen bottles has one on it- most with a brass SPG attached. Now add all of the little stuff like $100 back up lights, digital guages, compass, masks, back up masks, fins, spring straps, reels, spools, tools, lap tops, helium analyzers, 02 analyzers, video cameras, video lights, gas fills (big money) and a truck to drag it all there in!

Makes an F1 seem inexpensive and my new carbon fiber monofin down right cheap!

Jon

Forgot about the TLS with C4 and options. Hell, that 4-5k right there. The need for a good drysuit was the insurmountable obstacle that put the brakes on my technical ambitions. I bought a used 905 that is just a little too baggy after sinking $400 in new seals and boots. After that I lost interest.

not being too well up on technical other than I think self sufficency is key do they do a buddy check ? lol

Oh, I feel so silly now! :duh

The F1 looks sweet.

Thanks for your edification!

Halloween Re: Reason why I like Freediving

I bet I would win the costume contest at work if I went as a twelve-tank technical diver...

Actually, I would probably not make it past security!!!!

Would be so cool, though. <sigh>

Cheers to all.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT